Options

quick proof delay question

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited August 13, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way to bulk upload in replace photo? Or is it one photo at a time?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Is there a way to bulk upload in replace photo? Or is it one photo at a time?
    One at a time.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    thanks
    Andy wrote:
    One at a time.

As a previous post said, you guys could hand out gold bars and some people still wouldn't be happy. So thanks for the gold bar but...

...I like the proof delay feature, I really do, but it seems like it could be more streamlined. Right now, a pro account user still has to bulk upload high-res files to a gallery, then if someone buys prints, retouched high-res photos are uploaded one at a time to replace the other photos. You lose your zoomed thumbnails and the gallery order gets rearranged too. No big deal if this is for one or two prints, but it could get tedious and quite time consuming if there was a big order.

On the other hand, I'm saving time not having to completely retouch each image... so I'm not complaining... just sharing my personal experiences so far. This is my favorite feature from the new stuff released, and I'm curious what others think. Did I get my gold bar and now I'm asking for a handful of gold coins too? The gold coins being a bulk replace photos feature and a way to upload low-res images where people can still order large proof delay prints.mwink.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Is there a way to set proof delay time to all galleries instead of doing each one individually?
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2006
    Is there a way to set proof delay time to all galleries instead of doing each one individually?
    No, but we'll certainly consider it :) Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    As a previous post said, you guys could hand out gold bars and some people still wouldn't be happy. So thanks for the gold bar but...

...I like the proof delay feature, I really do, but it seems like it could be more streamlined. Right now, a pro account user still has to bulk upload high-res files to a gallery, then if someone buys prints, retouched high-res photos are uploaded one at a time to replace the other photos. You lose your zoomed thumbnails and the gallery order gets rearranged too. No big deal if this is for one or two prints, but it could get tedious and quite time consuming if there was a big order.

On the other hand, I'm saving time not having to completely retouch each image... so I'm not complaining... just sharing my personal experiences so far. This is my favorite feature from the new stuff released, and I'm curious what others think. Did I get my gold bar and now I'm asking for a handful of gold coins too? The gold coins being a bulk replace photos feature and a way to upload low-res images where people can still order large proof delay prints.mwink.gif
    Cheers Pete! Thanks for the suggestions. Please condense, and put them in the features request thread, if you don't mind?