Options

scrape the ice

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 20, 2004 in Finishing School
just playing around with a little photoshop :) i hope you don't mind!

2773890-L.jpg

the boy is my son trevor, five years old ....seems like only a few months ago he couldn't even lift up the basketball, now he's tossing baskets at regulation height :)

how to do it? (*) adjust your levels, and a layer mask. then channel mixer (50r, 50g, monochrome) and a layer mask...now put the color back in the boy and ball. flatten. now apply a big ol' gaussian blur...way big like 50 or so. add a layer mask to the blur layer. then pick a funky brush from the brush palette, and scrape that ice off the window!

fun? you betcha ;) i even got a "holy cow, honey! how on earth did you do that??" in other words, it passed the "mom" test.... trev's not seen it yet, as we played hoops off and on all day today, so he's asleep lol. i left him a print up in his room...

(*) i use photoshop. i believe you can follow the same steps in psp.

enjoy (photoshop fun) photography,

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    andy wrote:
    just playing around with a little photoshop :) i hope you don't mind!

the boy is my son trevor, five years old ....seems like only a few months ago he couldn't even lift up the basketball, now he's tossing baskets at regulation height :)

how to do it? (*) adjust your levels, and a layer mask. then channel mixer (50r, 50g, monochrome) and a layer mask...now put the color back in the boy and ball. flatten. now apply a big ol' gaussian blur...way big like 50 or so. add a layer mask to the blur layer. then pick a funky brush from the brush palette, and scrape that ice off the window!

fun? you betcha ;) i even got a "holy cow, honey! how on earth did you do that??" in other words, it passed the "mom" test.... trev's not seen it yet, as we played hoops off and on all day today, so he's asleep lol. i left him a print up in his room...

(*) i use photoshop. i believe you can follow the same steps in psp.

enjoy (photoshop fun) photography,
    thats beautiful Andy... and your post is good too.. ha ha just kidding. What a lovely kid... looks just like you...it must be such fun having a five year old. I'd love to see more shots of him..clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif2773890-S.jpg

ps... who did your "wink" ... I could do better rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    more trevor, by request of lynn ...
    lynnma wrote:
    thats beautiful Andy... and your post is good too.. ha ha just kidding. What a lovely kid... looks just like you...it must be such fun having a five year old. I'd love to see more shots of him..clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif2773890-S.jpg

ps... who did your "wink" ... I could do better rolleyes1.gif

here you go lynnie, and thanks!

716030-M-1.jpg713223-M-1.jpg

3155729-L.jpg

4698455-L.jpg

1439942-M-1.jpg4847715-M.jpg

7325505-L.jpg4065748-M.jpg

ok, enough, eh?