Options

*Challenge 26 - In DoctorIt's fridge...

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited November 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was playing around with this idea last night. This one is more for fun, but maybe the concept has potential...
:dunno

11447163-M.jpg
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    but maybe the concept has potential...
    ne_nau.gif
    It definetely does! I had to think a moment - "hey, what's going on here?" 1drink.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Thats an awesome idea..
    I like it alot. Must have taken alot of trial and error to get the focus right for the DOF. Something that might also work even better for this in my mind is if you were not looking at the camera. Having you look at the camera made me know right away this was setup (which of course it was), but if you werent looking at the camera someones first impression of the shot might not be a shot of you specifically, but a shot of someone searching through the fridge. Something which some of us might spend too much time doing in our homes.rolleyes1.gif Me definitely included. I love the shot though.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    I had the same idea and took some shots this morning before work. Have not had the time to post them or even get them from the card to the computer.

My challenge is my widest lens is 28mm so I was not getting a lot of the detail in the fridge like you did. My shot was set up with the camera in the back of the fridge looking out on to a countertop capturing a person pouring a glass of milk.

Which lens did you use on this shot?

Mike's suggestion of not looking at the camera is a good one.

Good luck exploring this concept. I will now go think of a different concept for this challenge :cry
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Potenial for sure, especially since it is overlapping Thanksgiving. Should a lot of full houses.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2004
    I did this with the kitty 18mm, seemed to work OK. 8mm fisheye would be cool. Trial and error indeed, I had to prop the camera up on a tupperware container, I think some cheese next to the lens, it was definitely intricate. I'll try some more tonight. I didn't even shoot in RAW last night, got home around 8pm and that beer was really all I wanted. Yeah, for artistic effect, I agree, I won't look and smile in a contest submission.

(I was going for a little laugh for you all :D )
    Erik

• Options
    BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    thats a great idea. Very cool picture
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I did this with the kitty 18mm, seemed to work OK. 8mm fisheye would be cool. Trial and error indeed, I had to prop the camera up on a tupperware container, I think some cheese next to the lens, it was definitely intricate. I'll try some more tonight. I didn't even shoot in RAW last night, got home around 8pm and that beer was really all I wanted. Yeah, for artistic effect, I agree, I won't look and smile in a contest submission.

(I was going for a little laugh for you all :D )
    If you wanna borrow my wideangle for it let me know, since I will be crazy sport girl for the next too nights (Hockey in maine and then drive back here to cover football on saturday afternoon) so I dont think I will have time just yet to play with this challenge.

But I just sent my first photos in to SI :D (ok it was the on campus version, but well it still says SI on it). I guess we will see if they get in or not.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2004
    winger wrote:
    If you wanna borrow my wideangle for it let me know, since I will be crazy sport girl for the next too nights (Hockey in maine and then drive back here to cover football on saturday afternoon) so I dont think I will have time just yet to play with this challenge.

But I just sent my first photos in to SI :D (ok it was the on campus version, but well it still says SI on it). I guess we will see if they get in or not.
    I'll cross my fingers.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm off to Seattle tomorrow morning, so I won't be taking too many more fridge shots before the end of this challenge.
    Erik

• Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I'll cross my fingers.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm off to Seattle tomorrow morning, so I won't be taking too many more fridge shots before the end of this challenge.

That works cause I am going to NM on monday morning and then up to Denver and the lens is coming with me mwink.gif
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    I love the shot. I also love the "Yay, time for a beer" grinrolleyes1.gif I think that the idea of not looking at the camera would be good for the challenge entry, but for a funny picture, this was perfect.:D
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.