Options

Downtown Colors

DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited November 21, 2004 in Landscapes
View from the third floor of the parking garage...Looking across Blvd. of the Allies...Pittsburgh.

Comments

• Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    DVDR wrote:
    View from the third floor of the parking garage...Looking across Blvd. of the Allies...Pittsburgh.

Lovely... I would have liked to see more of that magnificent red building. I had no idea that Pittsburgh has such colorful houses. Looks like a nice city to me.
    Nice photograph...
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Lovely... I would have liked to see more of that magnificent red building. I had no idea that Pittsburgh has such colorful houses. Looks like a nice city to me.
    Nice photograph...
    It is not a house but more of a business, located in the heart of downtown.
    I cropped out most of the red building to give the photo more balance.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2004
    red house...
    DVDR wrote:
    It is not a house but more of a business, located in the heart of downtown.
    I cropped out most of the red building to give the photo more balance.

what was the original pic like? I would like to see more of that red house... Never mind balance. Grin
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    Can I play?
    I have some downtown colors I took from the car one morning. We were driving to go bird looking, I think these pictures from the crosstown were about the best. I love our crosstown. Other people complain that it is a disgrace for visitors to see this stuff. Actually, this looks a bit painted.

11594644-L.jpg

I like it all, I even like the wires.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2004
    I like it all, I even like the wires.

g[/QUOTE]

I can see why you like it. It is a warm place. As you said, even the wires work with you here.
    I would go back there and try some more... This must be a treasure chest for good pics.
  • Options
    travisctravisc Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 20, 2004
    I really like the windows in the first photo, that old building has seen a lot.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2004
    This is just a bit further on down the crosstown, the crosstown is a very busy street, it is the way to get from the bridge into Charleston to the bridge out of Charleston, it is not particularly long. But these houses have remained. Many cannot be torn down because of the preservation society, yeah, but they can not be inhabited because they are really falling down, particularly on the other side of the crosstown from this.

Part of me wants to photograph it and part of me thinks it is intrusive, they are all black, and I am not. I think we would all be aware of that. Also on the other side, where I really want to photograph, the boarded up wonderful old houses are now crack houses, and part of me is just plain scared. (They even have colorful clothes lines.) But the men are just hanging around, walking carrying brown bags, that scares me a bit.

11594645-L.jpg

I took the wires out of this photo, I thought they detracted from the porch.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2004
    I took the wires out of this photo, I thought they detracted from the porch.

ginger[/QUOTE]

Lovely shot Ginger. Like the yellow color in it... Very attractive