Options

One night in Bangkok

howardhoward Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
edited August 16, 2006 in Journeys
Ok this may be a little different to most people's idea of a night out in Bangkok, this one is a cruise on the river. As they were from a moving boat, often wide open and high ISO the sharpness is not so good. Still for us they are good to help our memories and to show the family in the UK a little more of Asia. All with 20D and Sigma 30/1.4 EXIF data intact.

We had been directed to King's Pier by the guy on the desk at our hotel, but when we got there they only did the "long-tail" boats. So we nipped to a local hotel and tagged along on their cruise which cost and arm and a leg. The boat was pretty nice (see first shot) and the service excellent. The food was unfortunately below par but the wine was very acceptable.

64828064.ZmpdmfyJ.Raw00053.jpg

64886032.xTyKaBl9.Raw00027.jpg

64830745.sfV6zsvO.Raw00034.jpg

64886170.uWsfUZ9a.Raw00035.jpg

We'd hoped for an earlier start to take some nice shots but is was pitch black almost immeadiately so f1.4 and ISO 3200 were often needed. Lighting on the temple varied a lot so I bracketed all shots to cover my options.

64828706.HHAlVFrI.Raw00192.jpg

64830747.2Z6BqzuA.Raw00103.jpg

64830748.rRXCwlQb.Raw00108.jpg

64825522.bWYR0tdk.IMG_3303.jpg

64828063.VMT5DdCs.Raw00120.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    Nice pix.

I love Bangkok. #3 is the Peninsual hotel, I think. Incredibly luxurious and a welcome sight when we stayed there last night in SEA after 3 weeks munging around Vietnam.
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Thanks, you've just put the song by Murray Head in my mind and I probably can't get rid of it all day. ;) A nice series, esp. considering the difficult circumstances.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2006
    Thanks, and yes it is the Pen. we didn't go in but if it's anything like the one here it's something special.
    LittleLew wrote:
    Nice pix.

I love Bangkok. #3 is the Peninsual hotel, I think. Incredibly luxurious and a welcome sight when we stayed there last night in SEA after 3 weeks munging around Vietnam.
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2006
    Thanks Marlof and if it's any consolation that song stayed in my head for a good while after I wrote that :)
    marlof wrote:
    Thanks, you've just put the song by Murray Head in my mind and I probably can't get rid of it all day. ;) A nice series, esp. considering the difficult circumstances.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    great photos thanks for sharing iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    marlof wrote:
    umph.gif tks mate....its now in mine !!!!
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    gus wrote:
    umph.gif tks mate....its now in mine !!!!

Yah... with One night in Bangkok you gotta watch out for the gift that keeps on giving. I could try replacing it:

"
    We're on the train to Bangkok
    Aboard the Thailand Express
    We'll hit the stops along the way
    We only stop for the best
    "
    enjoy being here while getting there