Options

FS: Nikon F-mount reversal ring

Bill KBill K Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited August 17, 2006 in Flea Market
This item has sold.......

I have for sale a lens reversal adaptor for a Nikon 50mm, It is for doing Macro with the 50mm reversed. I never did figure out how to focus using it.. So I don't use it. It is for a Nikon Camera, I have a D70.
I don't know what I paid, I think it was around 14 bucks plus shipping.
Bill...
Nikon D70, 24-120 VR, 70-200VR, 80-400VR, 50mm1.8, TC1.4 and TC1.7. Wide, I don't need no stinking wide, I have feet.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 14, 2006
    Bill, if this is just a reversing ring, it will work with much more than Nikon lenses. Unless I'm completely mistaken and you have something I've never seen before, this is just a ring, much like a filter, but is threaded on both sides to mate the business end of two lenses.

So what would be more useful here is if you could list the thread size of your mating ring. If you have used it with the Nikon 50mm lens, it is a 52mm thread.

Again, this would be just as useful for 52mm thread Canon or other brand lenses as well. I will go ahead and edit your thread title to make it more appealing.
    thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Bill, if this is just a reversing ring, it will work with much more than Nikon lenses. Unless I'm completely mistaken and you have something I've never seen before, this is just a ring, much like a filter, but is threaded on both sides to mate the business end of two lenses.

So what would be more useful here is if you could list the thread size of your mating ring. If you have used it with the Nikon 50mm lens, it is a 52mm thread.

Again, this would be just as useful for 52mm thread Canon or other brand lenses as well. I will go ahead and edit your thread title to make it more appealing.
    thumb.gif

Usually not just a dual-threaded ring, because that depends on the camera mount. Mine for my Contax film cameras is threaded for my 50mm f/1.4 T* filter threads, the other side of the reversal ring has the mount that fits into my camera. You literally mount the lens backwards onto your camera ... makes great macros! Some are threaded on the other side to fit into a t-adapter.
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2006
    It has threads on one end 52mm and the other is not threads, It fits in the camera. (Nikon F mount I think it is D70 and others,). The ring screws onto the 50mm lens where the filter would go and then mounts to the camera.
    Nikon D70, 24-120 VR, 70-200VR, 80-400VR, 50mm1.8, TC1.4 and TC1.7. Wide, I don't need no stinking wide, I have feet.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 14, 2006
    Bill K wrote:
    It has threads on one end 52mm and the other is not threads, It fits in the camera. (Nikon F mount I think it is D70 and others,). The ring screws onto the 50mm lens where the filter would go and then mounts to the camera.
    Really, an F-mount on one side! I was just going by the $14 price - I was thinking no way could it be that elegant of a reversing ring for so little money.

I stand corrected and have edited back the thread title.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    Is this the item you are selling?
    37171.jpg
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=37171&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I had one for my 50/1.8 but could never get the hang of it. I have seen tons of pictures taken with it, and they have all been good. I just couldn't figure it out. (What's new?)
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2006
    Thats it, But mine isn't made by Nikon and it is black in color, It is made by Sonia, Some overseas company I am sure, It is metal. Seems well built.
  • Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    Stef wrote:
    I had one for my 50/1.8 but could never get the hang of it. I have seen tons of pictures taken with it, and they have all been good. I just couldn't figure it out. (What's new?)

They really are very easy to use ... heck, I used to hand-hold (in my young, poorer days) the normal lens backwards against the mount before I got the one for my Zeiss T* on my Contax SLR. The trick is to focus by getting in close physically ... you don't turn or touch anything, just make sure the lens is completely open. Then physically with your whole body lean a bit in or a bit out to get the subject in perfect focus and then trip the shutter. A poor man's macro lens that could be almost any old lens or brand! But that was back in the "good old" film (ugh) days.

BTW, the same trick (handholding the lens) works on my dSLRs (I tried it) ... but I believe I'll stick with my macro lens. My back does not get as much of a workout!
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    The wider the lens, the closer you have to get. Focus to infinity and then move in and out to focus the image. You can get some VERY close close-ups! Manual stop down of course.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Bill... if you still have this, I'll take it. PM sent.