Options

Can this be?

Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited August 19, 2006 in Accessories
Hi everyone....
I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about this flash and if this price seems to good to be true.....

http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544e465f981ebe/shopdata/0030_Flashes/0010_Shoe+Mount+Flashes/product_overview.shopscript

It is the Sigma flash at the very bottom....

How about the company too......

Thank you so much!

Comments

• Options
    andymillsonandymillson Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Hi everyone....
    I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about this flash and if this price seems to good to be true.....

http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544e465f981ebe/shopdata/0030_Flashes/0010_Shoe+Mount+Flashes/product_overview.shopscript

Thank you so much!

I have heard good things about the Sigma flash in the past, but no real experience

As to sigma4less, I just bought $3000+ worth of gear from them, and am very happy with everything. Check out resellerratings.com and other e-tailer review sites for feedback from other people

Andy
    A Brit among the HAWKEYES
    Canon 5D Mk III
    Canon 24-105L IS USM; Canon 16-35 f/2.8L USM; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II
    Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM; Bigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM
    My Galleries
  • Options
    limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Hi everyone....

It is the ST, not the Super so the price is about right considering it is the low end model. I have used sigma4less without any trouble a few times, the main thing with them is that their prices are always extreemly low, but shipping is often a little higher than you might expect.
  • Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Personally, I prefer the DG "Super" over the "st" model ... the DG Super is closer to being equivalent to the Canon 550ex/580ex, only $70 more than the ST and about $200 less than the Canon 580ex. Some info here: http://photonotes.org/reviews/sigma-ef-500-super/

Sigma4less has been a good outfit to order from, at least in my past experience.
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    limbik wrote:
    It is the ST, not the Super so the price is about right considering it is the low end model. I have used sigma4less without any trouble a few times, the main thing with them is that their prices are always extreemly low, but shipping is often a little higher than you might expect.

Not the ST..... I am talking about the Super (DG Super) it is price at $204

I have always seen it at around $270

you are right about the shipping....I calculated at $15 to ship thisrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Not the ST..... I am talking about the Super (DG Super) it is price at $204

I have always seen it at around $270

you are right about the shipping....I calculated at $15 to ship thisrolleyes1.gif
    11doh.gifMy bad. That does sound about right for them, shipping is a little extra but their price on sigma gear is usually so good it still comes out a deal.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited August 17, 2006
    The Sigma EF-500 DG Super, version for the Canon EOS, is the version I bought and Sigma4Less is the place I purchased from.

I am extremely happy with both the flash and the folks at Sigma4Less. I have bought several items from them without a hitch, except for 2 lenses which did not meet my needs and which Sigma4Less staff were both understanding and cooperative to find a remedy.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2006
    thnx everyone.....

I guess I had been looking at different sites, because I haven't seen anyone by this flash for more that $225.

I am still kind of worried....different reviews from other forums......I just don't want to get a "bad one" and i want it too LAST.....

thnx again...I will let you all know what I decide..... btw, I currently have a Canon 420 ex, so this a big upgrade for memwink.gif (to me, it is)