Options

caution: Red Head

hammyhammy Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited August 25, 2006 in People
Here's my first photoshoot with a good friend, with using some new equipment....feedback is welcome. Most shots were F2.8, shutterspeed around 1/20 give or take. Lighting was 250w daylight correcting lamp as well as a 100w for some warmer tones...

steph17.jpg

steph19.jpg

steph18.jpg

steph16.jpg

steph14.jpg

steph13.jpg

steph12.jpg

steph11.jpg

steph10.jpg

stephanie9.jpg

steph7.jpg

steph3.jpg

steph4.jpg

steph1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited August 20, 2006
    bump
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2006
    hammy wrote:
    Here's my first photoshoot with a good friend, with using some new equipment....feedback is welcome. Most shots were F2.8, shutterspeed around 1/20 give or take. Lighting was 250w daylight correcting lamp as well as a 100w for some warmer tones...

10, 13,14 work, I like them, but I don't like the rest as I don't think the angle looking down on her really works very well
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2006
    The photos are awesome, love the comp and AMAZING EYES !!!!!!
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    The whole looking down angle doesn't work for her, I agree!
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    13, 4 and 14 In that order work best for this girl. I disagree with the other 2 down angle is the way to go with not skinny girls, but maybe not this extreme. 3 is getting into the NO zone of shooting not skinny girls which is anything close to under the chin or up the nose. I think what is killing your effect for the down angle is that you are shooting close and wide, which naturally distorts and widens the face. Shoot at 50-100 mm from above and use the telephoto effect to keep the focus where she wants and needs it, on her eyes, let the chin go a little oof and the body completely out, and you will flatter this pretty girl that needs to keep the emphasis on her best parts.

Take it from a wedding photog who has to shoot heavy brides, shooting down on them is more flattering than eye level or god forbid from below eye level.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    Blurmore wrote:
    13, 4 and 14 In that order work best for this girl. I disagree with the other 2 down angle is the way to go with not skinny girls, but maybe not this extreme. 3 is getting into the NO zone of shooting not skinny girls which is anything close to under the chin or up the nose. I think what is killing your effect for the down angle is that you are shooting close and wide, which naturally distorts and widens the face. Shoot at 50-100 mm from above and use the telephoto effect to keep the focus where she wants and needs it, on her eyes, let the chin go a little oof and the body completely out, and you will flatter this pretty girl that needs to keep the emphasis on her best parts.

Take it from a wedding photog who has to shoot heavy brides, shooting down on them is more flattering than eye level or god forbid from below eye level.

Thank you so much! your the first person to offer some good advice and helpful hints in a LOOOONG TIME and i appreciate it greatly! thank you!
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    I really like 12,5 and 2. I think the down angles are ood, but a couple are a little too extreme. She has great eyes and in the ones where you got them really sharp are nice. I think you are on the right track.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2006
    i like 5, 10 and 13
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2006
    thanx guys! great feedback! Helpful hints
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    5, 10 and 13 are my bet too.

great tips there too on shooting 'not skinny' people! Some of that I had never thought of before ....

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX