Options

Ranchero in Bisbee

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited November 26, 2004 in People
This old guy was sitting in front of the Copper Queen hotel, Bisbee, Arizona.
He told me he had been a ranchero all his life. He had no objection of me taking his picture, I even got an unexpected hug when I left him. Eeeek.
I should really have used fill flash, but had again a dumb moment.
Comment welcome

11420093-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    awesome shot. lotta charachter.

hey 'cat - i really dig your avatar, one of the best i've ever seen thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2004
    andy wrote:
    awesome shot. lotta charachter.

hey 'cat - i really dig your avatar, one of the best i've ever seen thumb.gif

thanks Andy, for the nice comment. The avatar has been made for me by Lynne, I can not take credit for it. But yes, it is funny. Gubbs got me in to it. He has a moving goatie, mine is the moving kittie.
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    Photocat, this man looks so interesting I could sit and talk with him for hours, I bet he had a few stories to tell.

I like the shot, direct and front on.

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2004
    Photocat, this man looks so interesting I could sit and talk with him for hours, I bet he had a few stories to tell.

I like the shot, direct and front on.

Yvette

He had stories to tell Yvette. It is a bit sad that when you travel, you only have so much time to stick to one place. I could have talked with him a whole afternoon too.
    These are also the kind of shots I want to make. Looking at real people and trying to get them to talk to you. It would not have surprised me if I would have been the first person to talk to him in days. He seemed rather retracted. I have fond memories of him.
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    I'm glad
    photocat wrote:
    I should really have used fill flash, but had again a dumb moment.
    That you didn't use fill-flash :D I think this way the scene is very natural! When viewing this photo you can really see, as if you were there, the old man sitting in the sun, the hat shading most of his face, his wrinkles telling the story of his life and the twinkles in his eyes portraying his remaining lust for life and fondness of the past (well, that was what I got of the photo...)

Thanks for sharing, love the Sepia effect, subtle yet very much 'there' :D
    Ciao!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2004
    That you didn't use fill-flash :D I think this way the scene is very natural! When viewing this photo you can really see, as if you were there, the old man sitting in the sun, the hat shading most of his face, his wrinkles telling the story of his life and the twinkles in his eyes portraying his remaining lust for life and fondness of the past (well, that was what I got of the photo...)

Thanks for sharing, love the Sepia effect, subtle yet very much 'there' :D
    Ciao!

Dank u wel... :D:D