Options

bread and music

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 26, 2004 in People
coupla folks i met in nyc's grand central terminal tonight. canon 20d, 35mm f/1.4L on board. shot at f/1.4 both of them. iso 800.

11480073-L.jpg

11480072-L.jpg

11484175-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    andy wrote:
    coupla folks i met in nyc's grand central terminal tonight. canon 20d, 35mm f/1.4L on board. shot at f/1.4 both of them. iso 800.
    Very nice, Andy. Grand Central sure yields some good subjects for you. Nice warm light on both of them.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2004
    really nice shots Andy, I really like the colour in the first one...

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2004
    Very nice. All natural blur on the bread guy?

I really like how you manage your color palette, whether by design or not. The second image has a really well defined brown palette, and looks great, in part, because of it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Very nice. All natural blur on the bread guy?

I really like how you manage your color palette, whether by design or not. The second image has a really well defined brown palette, and looks great, in part, because of it.
    thanks sid - i really appreciate the comments. i worry about color - but i don't do much - mostly i'm srgb unless i'm doing something special - and i use a gamma checker on my monitor.

gct is a tough venue - funny lighting (and not much of it!). .. the 20d white balance on auto is really spot on. in post, i desaturated the image by about 15% then returned the sat to his face -- the ambient color of gct on the walls, floor etc gets really saturated ...

re the breadman - no blur added! that's the 35mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4 :D
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2004
    Beautiful shots Andy! I was beginning to miss Grand Central mwink.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2004
    andy wrote:
    thanks sid - i really appreciate the comments. i worry about color - but i don't do much - mostly i'm srgb unless i'm doing something special - and i use a gamma checker on my monitor.

gct is a tough venue - funny lighting (and not much of it!). .. the 20d white balance on auto is really spot on. in post, i desaturated the image by about 15% then returned the sat to his face -- the ambient color of gct on the walls, floor etc gets really saturated ...

re the breadman - no blur added! that's the 35mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4 :D

You b*****d, you've forced my hand! I just bought a used 35 1.4. umph.gif Humph!

Great info on how you handled the image, a real education, as usual, professor. bowdown.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    You b*****d, you've forced my hand! I just bought a used 35 1.4. umph.gif Humph!

Great info on how you handled the image, a real education, as usual, professor. bowdown.gif

way cooL! you are gonna love it, sid. thumb.gif
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    Hey Andy,
    #3 is topsthumb.gif
    Always enjoy your musican shots.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited November 19, 2004
    I love how the violinist in three looks. It feels as if you've captured him
    in the moment. Are you able to adjust the subject for better light or are
    these "as shot"?

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    inspirational!
    Hiya Andy,

Some cool photos you've got there :) What appeals most to me, and is most inspiring at the moment, is the angle of photo 1 and 3... Gives me something to ponder on, I still shoot almost everything straight, time for a change, right? ;)

thanks for the lesson here thumb.gif
    Cheers
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2004
    Hiya Andy,

Some cool photos you've got there :) What appeals most to me, and is most inspiring at the moment, is the angle of photo 1 and 3... Gives me something to ponder on, I still shoot almost everything straight, time for a change, right? ;)

thanks for the lesson here thumb.gif
    Cheers

thanks michiel -- so cool to see you here!

-- andy
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    andy wrote:

Fabulous shots all Andy clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif now then... am I gonna be able to do that with my 1.4?????? am I Andy? am I?

:D
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Fabulous shots all Andy clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif now then... am I gonna be able to do that with my 1.4?????? am I Andy? am I?

:D

yep. but you'll just have to step back with your sneaker zoom a bit, 'sall. lol3.gif
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    I love how the violinist in three looks. It feels as if you've captured him
    in the moment. Are you able to adjust the subject for better light or are
    these "as shot"?

Ian

What strikes me is the lack of noise... I find that my minolta at 800 asa were really really noisy.
    Nice portraits, captivating the moment, I can hear the music in my head looking at the violinplayer. The color one speaks more to me cause the violin has such an intense brown color.
    Great shots...