Options

Publish "Photos Uploaded" Amount

ZavaranoZavarano Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
Is it possible to show the the "photos uploaded" amount on my own homepage?

This statistic is currently available in the control panel page, and I would like to share it with my users so that they can have an idea on my site's contents.

It would be quite easy for me to hard code the current amount in my html, but then I would have to remember to change it every time I upload pics, so therefore it would be way cooler if it was a dynamic element.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Zavarano wrote:
    Is it possible to show the the "photos uploaded" amount on my own homepage?

This statistic is currently available in the control panel page, and I would like to share it with my users so that they can have an idea on my site's contents.

It would be quite easy for me to hard code the current amount in my html, but then I would have to remember to change it every time I upload pics, so therefore it would be way cooler if it was a dynamic element.

Any ideas?
    I don't know of a way to do this, maybe our hackers can come up with something... Moving to Hacks and Tricks.
  • Options
    chnchn Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    Just hard code something like "Featuring over 4,000 pictures." and update the number if you get 500 or 1000 pictures more. That's what I do. I really doubt your visitors care for the exact picture count.