Friendly comments and suggestions

sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
edited September 1, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've been lurking on the site for a while and decided now would be a good time to post up a few good suggestions. I read a couple other posts with the same stuff, but figured the more you see it the more likely it will happen.

1. Email notification for planned outages. Simple thing to do even if its a day or two notice. It helps us keep commitments that we make to * BOTH OUR* customers.

2. Email notifications when new features are released. Another simple thing to do which is a win-win for everyone. It helps us keep up to date without having to look at the help page twice a week for changes. I wish I knew about the digital prints addition sooner....

3. Custom "Thank you" emails. Right now I'm copy and pasting the email address and names of customers into outlook and sending them my own thank you email. If we could edit the emails that are sent out, that would be great! The best customer is a repeat customer! :thumb

I probably have a few more good ideas kickin around somewhere, but I can't think of what they are now. Other than that I've been very pleased with SmugMug... nice web interface, fast turn around times, great quality prints, frequent development of new features. Keep it up and we cal all make some more money! :D

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    sirsloop wrote:
    I've been lurking on the site for a while and decided now would be a good time to post up a few good suggestions. I read a couple other posts with the same stuff, but figured the more you see it the more likely it will happen.

Welcome to dgrin! Thanks for taking the time to let us know what features you'd like to see :D
    sirsloop wrote:
    1. Email notification for planned outages. Simple thing to do even if its a day or two notice. It helps us keep commitments that we make to * BOTH OUR* customers.

Rest assured, we've heard this message loud and clear (especially from our pros) and we'll be better about this in the future.
    sirsloop wrote:
    2. Email notifications when new features are released. Another simple thing to do which is a win-win for everyone. It helps us keep up to date without having to look at the help page twice a week for changes. I wish I knew about the digital prints addition sooner....

Have you discovered our release notes? You can subscribe to a feed and get all the updates as soon as we release them: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

We are also exploring better ways of notifying because we know the vast majority of our customers don't want to see every bug fix and UI improvement...
    sirsloop wrote:
    3. Custom "Thank you" emails. Right now I'm copy and pasting the email address and names of customers into outlook and sending them my own thank you email. If we could edit the emails that are sent out, that would be great! The best customer is a repeat customer! thumb.gif

Hmm... now this isn't one I recall having heard before. I'm a bit confused though, because with a repeat customer, wouldn't you want to tailor an email to them? Rather than send them a form email every time? headscratch.gif
    sirsloop wrote:
    I probably have a few more good ideas kickin around somewhere, but I can't think of what they are now. Other than that I've been very pleased with SmugMug... nice web interface, fast turn around times, great quality prints, frequent development of new features. Keep it up and we cal all make some more money! :D

Don't hesitate to holler if you think of anything else. Thanks again! thumb.gif

-Anne
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hmm... now this isn't one I recall having heard before. I'm a bit confused though, because with a repeat customer, wouldn't you want to tailor an email to them? Rather than send them a form email every time? headscratch.gif

Don't hesitate to holler if you think of anything else. Thanks again! thumb.gif

-Anne

If not means for us to add our own personal touches to the emails, perhaps create a sort of feedback UI for pro accounts. Kind of like ebay feedback only for sales thank you messages. On the sales page next to each order number there could be an "email customer" link. We can make templates just like other parts of smugmug and personalize them as we see fit on a order by order basis. Smugmug can send the email with the return address as our personal email account that our pro account is associated with. This way it gives the customer the appearance that we sent them email from our own account, but smugmug offers the UI to encourage this sort of feedback. Any return response would be directed towards our email accounts. Maybe keep track of which customers you have send an email to and the message body. I'm all for sending thank you's to cusomters, and again I think it would be a win-win for smugmug to encourange this and make it easy for us. After all, we're probably better at taking photos then copying and pasting email addresses and names for hours on end off the sales page rolleyes1.gif

I'll give that blog a look!
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    sirsloop wrote:
    If not means for us to add our own personal touches to the emails, perhaps create a sort of feedback UI for pro accounts. Kind of like ebay feedback only for sales thank you messages. On the sales page next to each order number there could be an "email customer" link. We can make templates just like other parts of smugmug and personalize them as we see fit on a order by order basis. Smugmug can send the email with the return address as our personal email account that our pro account is associated with. This way it gives the customer the appearance that we sent them email from our own account, but smugmug offers the UI to encourage this sort of feedback. Any return response would be directed towards our email accounts. Maybe keep track of which customers you have send an email to and the message body. I'm all for sending thank you's to cusomters, and again I think it would be a win-win for smugmug to encourange this and make it easy for us. After all, we're probably better at taking photos then copying and pasting email addresses and names for hours on end off the sales page rolleyes1.gif

I'll give that blog a look!

Thanks for the explanation. Quite honestly, the only effort it looks like it's saying is copying and pasting the customer's name and email addy. I believe these are both in the pro order emails you receive.. For me personally, it would be more of a hassle to have to go into my SM account to send email. I'd rather just manage my own templates in my own way and maintain an address book of clients in my address book in thunderbird. But... I'm not a pro, so maybe I'm not understanding. headscratch.gif

-Anne