Options

Tree Heron and Hawk

pete wpete w Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited November 28, 2004 in Wildlife
11595685-M.jpg

C11894439-M.jpg

Caught these two guys last week with my new 100-400L , third day of shotting with this lens. Think i'm gona like this one.
Pete W
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
Henri Cartier Bresson

www.pete-wraight.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    Both shots are nice. I hope you enjoy the new lens. I think the hawk is great but I might crop a bit off of the right and the top putting the head in the upper right third and making him look into the frame.

Sharpness and color are great.
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2004
    Thanks Greaper i'll try that.
    Pete W
    Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
    Henri Cartier Bresson

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited November 27, 2004
    Nice picture of the hawk & heron.

What do you have the focus points set to?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Nice picture of the hawk & heron.

What do you have the focus points set to?
    For the Hawk i had the center point isolated. It was a dark and rainy day and it was difficult to get any focus. The heron i had all 9 points working but waited until the lock was on the birds body.

I took about 5 of the hawk before if flew away and all five were good. There were a lot of trees between me and the heron so i took about 20 and got around 5 in focus.
    Pete W
    Henri Cartier Bresson

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited November 28, 2004
    pete w wrote:
    For the Hawk i had the center point isolated. It was a dark and rainy day and it was difficult to get any focus. The heron i had all 9 points working but waited until the lock was on the birds body.

I took about 5 of the hawk before if flew away and all five were good. There were a lot of trees between me and the heron so i took about 20 and got around 5 in focus.
    Thanks!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?