Options

Hanging system for marble wall?

SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited September 7, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello,

I need to hang 7 pieces in the lobby of an office building. They are going to remain my property, but will be displayed as "for sale" with brochures and business cards.

They will each be between 20x30" and 24x36", with glass and frames, so about (I'm guessing here) 15 to 20 lbs each. I could use Plexiglas if needed to lighten them, but as I already have four in my basement with glass and I'd rather not re-do them.

The walls are floor to ceiling marble panels. The building folks would rather I don't put holes in the marble.

While there are several businesses off of the lobby, the lobby itself does not have a security guard and is open from 6a to 6p. It is a very nice building and will have fairly upscale traffic, but humans are humans.

I could hang the pictures with a clear fishing line from the top of the marble panels (which is hidden by the ceiling material), but then someone could steal them with merely scissors. I think it would also be tough to make this look really "professional".

Does anyone here know of another hanging system or have another idea I could use? Ideally it would be very inconspicuous, yet provide a good deal of security strength and security.

thanks for your thoughts,

Comments