Options

My thanks to all..

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited November 30, 2004 in The Big Picture
I'd like to say a heartfelt "THANK YOU" to all the pro's and experts who helped me so much with the shots for the "Uncommon Women" Calendar. I had no clue how to begin taking shots of 12 nearly naked women for a charity calendar and thanks to all who helped me with lighting, color space, encouraged me to go with black and white, helped me with glamour blurs composition and on and on. I could never have done it without you all. The calendar launched last night and is a huge success all round. Special thanks to:
Rutt, Sid, Andy, Pathfinder, Cletus, Zero Zero.:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Thank you so very much.
Lynn

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    Share with everyone how the signing went. You've turned your project into a spectacular success story, Lynn. clap.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Share with everyone how the signing went. You've turned your project into a spectacular success story, Lynn. clap.gif
    Thanks Sid.. there had been a couple of nasty letters to the editor of the local rag (small town) and lots of very supportive letters too so I was intriqued as to how it would all go.
    No one had seen the calendar but the whole town knew it was upstanding local ladies of middle age (even the ministers wife) posing nude (but carefully covered in strategic spots. I expected there to be a few curious folk show up for the signing but when I saw the line coming out of the showroom door I was struck dumb.. I fought my way in to my place at the long line of tables where all the models were signing the calendars to a round of applause!!! Lots of the people who turned out either had MS or had friends or relatives with MS (the charity was MS and the local Animal Shelter). Of course as you all would know my heart and soul went into these shots and for all those who I bugged and whined to and cried and carry'd on to here at dgrin they too took it to heart.
    The printing was done by a local printer and a beautiful job it was too.. the local radio station played the ads constantly, like every 20 mins, sponsors from all over town turned over lots of money to sponsor each model and the local Chevy dealer opened his showroom for the signing and laid out a lovely spread with tons of food and champagne... the whole thing took on a very festive air with every single person telling me what a great we all did. The two women whose idea it was were thrilled and all the models are also very very happy.
    The models were mostly posed in my back yard with different themes. a gardener with a tray of pansies, one on the beach with Marquiretas, one sipping tea with nothing but a big hat and a bowl of lemons in front, one on a Harley, the ministers wife (Halloween) sitting in a spooky graveyard with a haunted house behind and a big moon... 4th of July was an attractive buxam wench in cowboy boots, hat and blowing the smoke from a small plastic toy gun (Rutts favorite). Ms November (thanksgiving) with her back to the camera wearing only an apron and holding a pan with a turkey in it.

The backgrounds I filled in after (running down town to take shots of big bulldozers digging for the back ground of Ms September who was in a hard hat) or using shots of the beach. The papers have yet to come out on Monday so we'll see what they say now???? oh boy... now the s*** will hit the fan. I'll let you all know and maybe with permission I'll show you some of the shots....:D
    Lynn
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    nod.gif I'd love to see them. Sounds like you did a ton of extracting. Cool.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif wtg, lynn! i'm proud of you, this is a great project. congrats on a fine job
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited November 14, 2004
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Now you are a Professional Photographer, Lynn, a shooter of nudes NO LESS!!

Congratulations Lynn. I have watched as you struggled and improvised and finally overcame. The quality of your work has improved dramatically over the last year - Good show!!

I do hope we get to see the final results or purchase them. Are they available for purchase??
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    Congratulations Lynn, Fantastic!! clap.gif
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    Lynn, great news! Congratulations!

Anxious to see the product of your dedicated work!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    Lynn, congratulations, it all sounds very exciting. Now, is the calendar just a local thing, or are you all going to be taking orders? (Just what I need is another calendar, but I love those tasteful nude ones)

Anyway, it is an idea, and I am curious. (Can't say I have the money now, but others might, and it could be a good present for some. I still have the old english one in my bathroom.)

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Lynn, congratulations, it all sounds very exciting. Now, is the calendar just a local thing, or are you all going to be taking orders? (Just what I need is another calendar, but I love those tasteful nude ones)

Anyway, it is an idea, and I am curious. (Can't say I have the money now, but others might, and it could be a good present for some. I still have the old english one in my bathroom.)

ginger
    Hi Ginger... it's basically just a local thing I think...they are rather expensive (I feel) $20 but it's for local charity so I spose it's ok. I don't expect anyone to acutally buy one here. I'll put up a couple of the shots as I get the permission from the model...
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2004
    A couple of the Calendar shots from models who have released. Beware... nudity involved mwink.gif

http://www.providencecliffseniors.com/animals/cal.html
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    A couple of the Calendar shots from models who have released. Beware... nudity involved mwink.gif

http://www.providencecliffseniors.com/animals/cal.html
    Great Shots Lynn... the ladies look like they had a fanastic time.

clap.gifclap.gif

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Lynn,
    You have a LOT to be proud of. These shots are wonderful! They should all be very proud of what they have accomplished! They are much more brave then me!

Keep up the good work!

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    You have a LOT to be proud of. These shots are wonderful! They should all be very proud of what they have accomplished! They are much more brave then me!

Keep up the good work!

Tim
    Thanks Tim and Happy... it was a FUN project.. nerve racking as I hadn't a clue as to what I was doing but such fun... all took place in my back yard..what a hoot!!! by the way.. the calendars are selling like hot cakes rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Turned out very nice Lynn, congradulations! clap.gif