Options

My first post

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited November 30, 2004 in Wildlife
This is my first time posting a picture. I took this shot a few days ago in the park. The colors in the water is what caught my eye.

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    NikonGirl wrote:
    This is my first time posting a picture. I took this shot a few days ago in the park. The colors in the water is what caught my eye.
    Welcome NikonGirl wave.gif nice to have you on board! Nice duck shot and colors.. I'm noticing his tail is missing tho.. did you crop it or was that the intention when you took the shot.
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome! It's nice to be on board. No, the picture is not cropped at all. What you see is exactly the way I took it. I was disappointed the tail was missing. Next time I visit the park, I'm going to try to be a little more careful with those little details.

This is a great site, lots of great pictures and I've learned alot just reading the posts. I think I'm going to like it here!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Beautiful colors, NikonGirl. Welcome to the site, great to have you here. If you have Photoshop or such, perhaps you might lighten the area around the duck's eyes so we can see its face a wee bit? Regardless, it's a lovely shot, thanks for sharing it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    danmandanman Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Welcome NikonGirl. Really nice colours. clap.gif What film speed did you use - the grain is quite obvious (not that it's a bad thing - just wondering!).

It would be good to catch the whole bird next time. Are there some marks on your scanner as I think I can see some spots on the duck's body. You could remove these with photo editing s/w.

Cheers,
    Danny.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Fantastic colors, Its a shame you missed the tail.
  • Options
    marygracemarygrace Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Nicely done! Gotta love the duckies...
    marygrace
    my photos go here

D200
    D70
    18-70/3.5
    85/1.8
    50/1.8
    lens baby 2.0
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    nikongirl
    you see many ducks have no tails and they are ok your pic is great lots of color and sharp no tail sometimes is ok ??ne_nau.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Nice photo NikonGirl. Great colors. I like it.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    jwear, that's a great picture you posted. And thank you all for your comments. I thought I'd post one more that I took on the same day -this one is the whole body -tail and all!

Danny-I was using 400 speed film that day. I believe the time of day was late afternoon.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    great color again and great focus and i will be darn they do have tails ----back to the lakerolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/