Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited September 11, 2006 in People
94071574-M.jpg94069303-M.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    Nice captures. Looks like the lady was enjoying herself. Too bad you cut off part of her shoulder in the second shot. I like the pose and lighting of the second shot better. The turn of her head just that much adds a lot to the shot (hmmm, I think I just learned somethere there!).

Thanks a lot for sharing.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2006
    Hello Scott,
    Thank you for the comment.
    She is 27 years old and I post here the original file.
    It is not so sharp as I would like it to be...eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2006
    The second one.
    She was sitting in the restaurant with her father. I know her since she is a child and I did not saw her for some years...
    The light is not good at all and I used flash.
    Bounced of course ...:):
    Her position is not the best ...
    Well, I'm rarelly happy with pictures ... :uhoh

I think I should phone her and ask to shoot more pics, without glasses and with alittle make up.ne_nau.gif
    As a matter of fact I meet her brother and father from time to time.

Date Taken: 2006-09-09 13:22:23 Date Digitized: 2006-09-09 13:22:23 Date Modified: 2006-09-09 17:00:59 Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 20D Size: 2598x3779 Bytes: 3550844 Aperture: f/4.0 ISO: 400 Focal Length: 68mm (guess: 100mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.0166s (1/60) Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, red-eye reduction mode Exposure Program: Normal program Exposure Bias: 0
  • Options
    BrowndogBrowndog Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    I think considering what you had to work with in the lighting and the location you did very well....as usual!
    Mike W....
  • Options
    Browndog wrote:
    I think considering what you had to work with in the lighting and the location you did very well....as usual!
    OK OK That's nice of you to say so... :):
    Obrigado.

Today, I was still in bead I just thought I could go and ask the girl if she would like me to photograph her again.

The familly lieves in a farm and I know I would get all the familly as models ...:D as it would be there where the light is good.
    Be Heathy. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    Browndog wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Thinking I could do better than you on this one, I took a copy of your original for #2. Worked with it for a few minutes trying to get a better crop. Not happening. Given the location you had and other environmental constraints, you did wonderfully. My best crop turned out to be nearly identical to your! So either we both missed it somewhere or "great minds think alike!"
  • Options
    15524779-Ti.gif "great minds think alike!"

15524779-Ti.gifagree15524779-Ti.gifagree15524779-Ti.gif
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • Options
    stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    The first shot is great. The shadow is hardly noticable the colors are warm and no glare from the spectacles. I do not care for the second...have to be careful when doing portraits and watch out nostrils and chins...Not very flattering almost adds weight to her chin...
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
  • Options
    The first shot is great. The shadow is hardly noticable the colors are warm and no glare from the spectacles. I do not care for the second...have to be careful when doing portraits and watch out nostrils and chins...Not very flattering almost adds weight to her chin...
    Thank you for commenting.
    Let me show you some better portraits I shot some monthes ago... :):
    83485968-M.jpg75194848-M.jpg75193359-M.jpg78077455-M.jpg
    How about these ?
  • Options
    stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    Those are very good, I especially like the second one. Sounds like you enjoy asking strangers if you can take their portrait...and it is apparent you love what you do :) I do not know if I could be that brave just for practice.
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Those are very good, I especially like the second one. Sounds like you enjoy asking strangers if you can take their portrait...and it is apparent you love what you do :) I do not know if I could be that brave just for practice.

I am very brave ! :)::D
    Sometimes I ask people if I can take a shot and ... they say no.
    But here it was different. For these shots I mean.
    The 1.st, the man is working in the same place I do. I just asked, he said OK.
    The 2.ed and the 3.ed are part of a work I did for my daughter. She was needing photos of her employies for the Rock in Rio, Lisboa 2006 and I shot some of the candidates.
    The 3.ed is a littke boy when we - my wife and I with some friends - visited a farm in Setubal, where we lieve.
    Here is my daughter, by my wife.
    76255113-M.jpg

Be Heathy. thumb.gif