Options

Holiday cards with envelopes

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited November 30, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Last year I ordered these from EZPrints and they came out great. I guess I'll do the same thing this year, but it would be nice if smugmug offered them directly. Shooting xmas cards can be a good business, and providing folding holiday cards with envelopes (possibly with return addresses) would be a great service.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2004
    Shutterfly provides them. Not with printed envelopes, not that I know of.

I ordered mine from Shutterfly one year. I was very happy! I can't, I just can't afford to do it again, about 30 or 40 dollars. It was quite fun the year I did do it. In my Corgi club, it was quite thrilling to see everyone and their dogs, and to have them see mine.

There are other services that Shutterfly provides that I wish Smugmug did. When I was at my daughter's, I uploaded the photos I took there and put on her hard drive, I put the ones I knew I wanted on Smugmug and on Shutterfly. I knew there was a strong possibility that I would want something that only Shutterfly, of the two of you, provides.

For Christmas last year, I ordered 29 cent prints and included them in a box of 1/2 price Christmas cards. Yup, worked just as well in the long run, but the printed cards are great, most people can afford them, others in the Corgi club sent them, so I agree, they are a money maker.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2004
    Costco offers very nice holiday greeting cards at a great price. 50 cards with custom imprint is $18, and each additional 25 is $6 more! They are 5"x6" and come with gold foil lined envelopes. The price allows you to offer a great price to your customer and still make some money on them.
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited November 8, 2004
    We're working on Christmas cards but I don't have an estimate for when we'll be ready with them.
  • Options
    lemketronlemketron Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    Maybe next year?
    Baldy wrote:
    We're working on Christmas cards but I don't have an estimate for when we'll be ready with them.
    I assume that (since today is 11/26/04) you mean "perhaps in time for Christmas 2005... :-(

Thanks to others for the Costco tip -- do you have to go to their store or can you do this online? I noticed Shutterfly has printed holiday cards too, though as a SmugMug subscriber, I have never bothered to look at (or use) their site until now.
    --Steve
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited November 27, 2004
    I ordered a card sampler kit from Red River Paper and was happy with the
    samples. Of course it means I have to print each one--twice. Once for the
    cover and once for the greeting.

I'm also not sure my result would be as good as one professionally made.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    lemketron wrote:
    Thanks to others for the Costco tip -- do you have to go to their store or can you do this online? --Steve
    If you are in Texas, you can order them online and pick them up at the store of your choice the next day. I think that Texas is just the test market for the online ordering right now. Here is the site: http://picturecenter.internetimagingnetwork.com/costco/control/main?account_type=prof

Hope this helps...
    Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    pecheneypecheney Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Ahhhhhhhh!
    SMUGMUG Christmas CARDS!!! AAHHH! We are jonesing for this!! This coudl be big time! I have been looking for asolution myself.... I just want to upload to a gallery, send my client to the gallery and let them pick which photo, what style, what text and then order... Heck you can even nix teh text part. Just letting them get custom christmas cards is JUICY.

Anybody think it will happen this year? Almost too late I guess.
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Snapfish offers Christmas cards, as well as other holidays. I was happy with my *free*:D prints that I ordered, so hopefully the Christmas cards are as good as the prints. The prices are here: http://www.snapfish.com/info9/t_=0
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Yes, I'm all for this too!!! Not just Xmas cards, but for wedding photographers thank you cards with a picture of the happy couple are always popular. I have found someone who does this in the UK, but if I could get it done in smugmug, that would make life much easier.

Bring on the cards! Bring on the cards! Bring on the cards!clap.gif
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Sounds like a great idea!