Nikon glass for trade (was "ain't no flea market")

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited January 12, 2004 in Flea Market
This forum has "camera" in the name, so I'm not sure where to post this.

Anyhoo...

I'd like to trade my Nikkor 105/2.8D AF micro lens for a Canon 100/2.8 USM macro lens straight across. Any takers?
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2004
    Baldy knows and I think we will get a flea market when he has the time.
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2004
    patch29 wrote:
    Baldy knows and I think we will get a flea market when he has the time.

Cool. Now how about that lens?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 11, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Cool. Now how about that lens?

I have plenty of Nikon glass to trade out too. Anyone want to trade a 300/2.8 AF-D for a 300/2.8 EF?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2004
    Attention Kmart shoppers, flashing blue light in Aisle 6, Nikon glass on sale... and we draw your attention to Aisle 7, where Canon lenses are now selling at a premium.

Actually, I guess it's cyclical.ne_nau.gif I was reading the dpreview of the EOS-1D, they said it was Canon's response after they were stunned by Nikon's D1 and realized they had a lot of catching up to do.

Presumably Nikon has that same feeling right now, and is working hard on their response to Canon's category-leading cameras. I figure if I wait to buy a new camera until I'm about 65 or 70, I should gt a really good one. rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 12, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Attention Kmart shoppers, flashing blue light in Aisle 6, Nikon glass on sale... and we draw your attention to Aisle 7, where Canon lenses are now selling at a premium.

Actually, I guess it's cyclical.ne_nau.gif I was reading the dpreview of the EOS-1D, they said it was Canon's response after they were stunned by Nikon's D1 and realized they had a lot of catching up to do.

Presumably Nikon has that same feeling right now, and is working hard on their response to Canon's category-leading cameras. I figure if I wait to buy a new camera until I'm about 65 or 70, I should gt a really good one. rolleyes1.gif

The longer you wait the better they should get. Another 30-40 years they will hopefully have it figured out. :D
  • jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2004
    Waiting for a good camera
    patch29 wrote:
    The longer you wait the better they should get. Another 30-40 years they will hopefully have it figured out. :D
    In 30-40 years they'll probably have made the things so complicated that only two people in the world really know how to use them.

Looking at the EOS-10D the other day was like stepping into another world. My favorite SLR is my Nikon FG. It has, what, four adjustment dials? Five if I'm using a zoom? Something like that. The 10D has more buttons and knobs near the shutter release than my FG has en toto. I had no idea what most of them did, I had to ask.

I sometimes wonder if there might be a market for a digital SLR that only has manual controls. Well, ok, I do kind of like aperture priority mode when I'm being lazy.

jim
    jim frost
    jimf@frostbytes.com