Options

Mac Pro and HP 7350

PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
edited September 10, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Okay, this is strange. My HP 7350 worked just fine with my G5, but won't work with the Pro. I re=download the drivers and follow the nice step by step by HP, but Mac doesn't match up with what I supposed to see.

I get these directions:

1) Launch the printer setup utility by clicking the button below.

Okay I do that.

2)Next I get a box that says I have no printer available. So far so good, I click Add.

3)Another window pops up it says "Printer Browser". Still I am thinking this is going easy...

4)HP says to click "more Printers". Easy enough....

This is where it goes all wrong... HP says I can select "hp photosmart" from the drop down. Well the closest that I can get is "HP IP Printing"

The really weird part is I can see my printer listed in the Printer Browser box, but when I highlight I get this in the 3 menus below:

Name: photosmart 7350
Print Using: (greyed out) "please select a driver or printer model"

So I click that drop down, select HP, then I get another drop down where I am supposed to select my model. Well it is not listed. The ONLY Photosmarts listed on that list are the P1000 and P1100.

So this is where it all falls apart on me. Please HELP! I really like this printer, it is several years old, but still work flawlessly for my needs. If I have too I can go buy a new printer, but I would prefer to keep this one.

Circuit City has a Photosmart model for $50 after rebates, that lists OS X compatability, but that doesn't seem to mean it is Mac Pro compatible.

Sorry for the long post....

Mike
Mike LaPorte
Perfect Pix

Comments

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    I gave up too.... I bought a new el cheapo to get me by.

Next question is Epson R1900, or Canon i9900? Or something else?
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix