Options

Website Marketing?

kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
edited September 14, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have just completed my site and there is tons I don't know. A friend just told me about Meta Tags? How do I acquire some of these little guys, they sound useful.

Are there any SM forum topics that have addressed marketing your website, different ways and ideas I could start to explore.

thanks shane

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    May we have a link to your site to see the work you done to it??? Please?????
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    Sure here it is
    http://www.wildearthilluminations.com/

Thanks for your help, shane

Art Scott wrote:
    May we have a link to your site to see the work you done to it??? Please?????
  • Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    I would start by submitting your site to all the major web search sites... google, yahoo, msn, ask, altavista...to name a few. If you look around their site, they all have their own place where you can submit your site. Chances are if you post on forums and stuff with your URL in the signature, they will all find you eventually....this speeds it up.

Check out this site for more information about what META tag are, why you would care about them, and how to add them to your site!

http://www.anybrowser.com/MetaTagGenerator.html
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    I have just completed my site and there is tons I don't know. A friend just told me about Meta Tags? How do I acquire some of these little guys, they sound useful.

Are there any SM forum topics that have addressed marketing your website, different ways and ideas I could start to explore.

thanks shane
    Hi Shane, looks like you are already #1 on google when searching for your company name!!!

I think the proper keywords are much more important in this case. Smugmug pages are already indexed by Google and such. But what does it index? keywords. So make sure you keyword as much and sensible/usefull as possible. Not just the photos, also the galleries!
  • Options
    Schuyler83Schuyler83 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Shane, looks like you are already #1 on google when searching for your company name!!!

I think the proper keywords are much more important in this case. Smugmug pages are already indexed by Google and such. But what does it index? keywords. So make sure you keyword as much and sensible/usefull as possible. Not just the photos, also the galleries!

Is there any way to get rid of the words: "The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print." and replace it with your own?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2006
    Schuyler83 wrote:
    Is there any way to get rid of the words: "The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print." and replace it with your own?
    Not by doing anything other than keywording etc.

Try this search:

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=westchester+senior+portrait&btnG=Google+Search

:)