Options

Missing Navigation Arrows in Firefox

mazzymazzy Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited December 3, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Searched the foruns and help files in vain. I'm a happy smugmug user that uses Firefox 1.0. My galleries are the standard "Elegant" mode. The navigation arrows above the pic bbeing viewed don't show up in Firefox. They're fine in IE6.0. Java, javascript, etc work fine afaik in Firefox. Any ideas? If this issue has been covered previously, my apologies.

Mike

PS When I "logout", they're back. Is this by design then?

Comments

• Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2004
    mazzy wrote:
    Searched the foruns and help files in vain. I'm a happy smugmug user that uses Firefox 1.0. My galleries are the standard "Elegant" mode. The navigation arrows above the pic bbeing viewed don't show up in Firefox. They're fine in IE6.0. Java, javascript, etc work fine afaik in Firefox. Any ideas? If this issue has been covered previously, my apologies.

Mike

PS When I "logout", they're back. Is this by design then?
    Mike,
    Mine are not there while Im logged in with IE.
    As you stated,when I log off they are there.
  • Options
    mazzymazzy Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 25, 2004
    Logged in or not logged in, that's the difference. Of course, whenver I launched IE6, I wasn't logged in, because I never use the dang thing. I guess the command buttons use up the space where the arrows would be. I miss them when I'm doing the navigating for another person over my shoulder at my desk, though.
    Mike
  • Options
    lemketronlemketron Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2004
    I noticed this too tonight but couldn't figure out where the arrows went. I guess they were missing because I was logged in. I agree that it makes it hard to show pictures to someone else.

Because the arrows were missing, I switched to "slideshow" mode, where I discovered another problem: At least in Safari, slideshow mode forces all images into a landscape aspect ratio. This makes portrait images (which appear fine in "elegant" and thumbnail views) look absolutely ridiculous. Any chance of fixing slideshow mode? Either show it portrait (reduced) to fit in the same height as a (non-reduced) landscape image, or show it full size and re-draw the screen, but don't stretch it to a landscape box. :-(
    --Steve
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    I will look into the arrow bug, but the Safari problem is not a quick fix. It is actually a bug on Apple's end that may be resolved with the upcomming maintenence release, just waiting to see.

JT
    lemketron wrote:
    I noticed this too tonight but couldn't figure out where the arrows went. I guess they were missing because I was logged in. I agree that it makes it hard to show pictures to someone else.

Because the arrows were missing, I switched to "slideshow" mode, where I discovered another problem: At least in Safari, slideshow mode forces all images into a landscape aspect ratio. This makes portrait images (which appear fine in "elegant" and thumbnail views) look absolutely ridiculous. Any chance of fixing slideshow mode? Either show it portrait (reduced) to fit in the same height as a (non-reduced) landscape image, or show it full size and re-draw the screen, but don't stretch it to a landscape box. :-(
    --Steve