SOLD: SONY VCL-HGD0758 58mm 0.7x Wide Lens

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited September 20, 2006 in The Kitchen Sink
I have a genuine SONY VCL-HGD0758 58mm 0.7x Wide Conversion Lens for sale. Its designed to make the view of the Sony F707 & F717 much wider than its normal. However, do not make the mistake that this lens will enhance the already wide view of the F828, because it will not. (I made that mistake by thinking it will work fine on my F828, dont make the same one!)

sonywa%20%284%29.jpg

The lens is in excellent-pristine-immaculate condition. The front and rear elements have no scratches whatsoever, a minute amount of dust can be seen with very close examination, but its def. removable. The barrel itself is perfect, the only scratches that are apparent are on the rubber covers, everything else..is perfect.

I'm open for trades! I'm looking for a Canon 50mm f1.8 MK1 , but if you have a MK2, I'll accept it plus cash. My asking price for this WA conversion lens is $150 shipped. I'm open to reasonable offers of course.

You can check Ebay for the prices, I see one going for the same price I am asking, but I'm located in the US (southern nv to be exact) but I'm cool with PayPal payments. Its aroudn $300 new, so half-off is a pretty good incentive hah. They're very rare however, thats one reason I decided to keep it after purchasing it and finding out it didnt work well for my camera. But if you own a 717/707 and plan on keeping it forever, you should definitely consider buying this piece.

Help a brother buy some lenses for his new Canon body!

(note: the lexar card is not for sale! its just there to show the mass size this lens has, you better have a strong arm because its huge!)

Sample Photos:
http://www.trekearth.com/photos.php?cat=lens&id=143

More photos of the lens:
http://thirdeye.pnoise.com/dump/sonywa/

More information on the lens:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6053557&st=VCL-HGD0758&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1064000347836
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VCLHGD0758-Conversion-Lens-DSCF717/dp/B00007AKB9

Email me, PM me, call me via telepathy, its up to you. I accept PayPal, but will only ship to a confirmed address. ;] If you want to see the high res shots of the images posted above, lmk, I can do that. Good luck!

Comments

• NDebNDeb Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Sony HGD0758
    PM sent on the lens. Thanks! -debbie
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    pm sent back. you were quick!
    :D Payment sent; mahalo, Mr. Peas! Aloha, -debbie
    NDeb wrote:
    PM sent on the lens. Thanks! -debbie
    sold! holy crap. that was way too quick! check the times! that must be a record. Laughing.gif
    Yes, lots Sony H-series owners and I thought I'd better grab this at 12:00 am (Hawaii) before continental US wakes up! thanks, again. -debbie
    mr peas wrote:
    sold! holy crap. that was way too quick! check the times! that must be a record. Laughing.gif
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    NDeb wrote:
    Yes, lots Sony H-series owners and I thought I'd better grab this at 12:00 am (Hawaii) before continental US wakes up! thanks, again. -debbie

Hehe Deb, don't spend all that money. :)

Congrats on the Canon upgrade MrPeas. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Did you sell your F828?
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke

Congrats on the Canon upgrade MrPeas. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Did you sell your F828?
    heck no, Laughing.gif

I'll never sell it! its my little workhorse now. ive put in at least 15k actuations on it so far, its still going and shooting sharp. Deb is helping me fund my new addiction to purchasing lenses.

How you been though Storm? You been taking new pics lately? Shooting IR a lot? ;)
    I seen a bunch of your portrait shots on your website, theyre coming along great?
    Dont tell me all of those were with the black beauty? lol
    I wouldnt be surprised though!

Btw, as I type this I'm packing it up and I'm about to ship it!
    Aloha, Dana, how's the Magic Drainpipe? Yes, gotta stop checking out DG & FM! --deb

Well MrPeas, sorry to report and it about broke my heart. I traded my baby away for a Canon XT plus some lenses and accessories to backup my new 20D. It just made more sense for me right now to have something as backup that would take my lenses. Yep I've got the same addiction now - lens lust.
    Right now I'm looking for a pair of Sony H1s, for me and my sister as carry about cameras.

The portrait work I have on my website has been taken with the 20D.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    NDeb wrote:
    Aloha, Dana, how's the Magic Drainpipe? Yes, gotta stop checking out DG & FM! --deb

I know Deb!!! They have this pull to them and you just can't stay away.
    I didn't get to use the MDP this weekend. Church was way too small. I could have taken great shots of their eyelids. Laughing.gif Sunday I was in recovery mode. All day events about do me in.

Today it's pouring down rain, so the MDP will remain safe and sound in it's little case. Can't wait to play with it.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    Aww traitor!! haha jk. I just got an XT body. I'm just beginning to collect lenses. I'm debating whether or not I should save for L glass or just really sharp EF-S lenses. I want to go full-frame, but I doubt I'll be doing that for at least another year. I gotta' get me a battery grip for my XT though to give me more grip and power. Hah..when I get a new body though, you know I'll be converting this XT into an all out IR camera.. you smell me? wings.gif
    Well MrPeas, sorry to report and it about broke my heart. I traded my baby away for a Canon XT plus some lenses and accessories to backup my new 20D. It just made more sense for me right now to have something as backup that would take my lenses. Yep I've got the same addiction now - lens lust.
    Right now I'm looking for a pair of Sony H1s, for me and my sister as carry about cameras.

The portrait work I have on my website has been taken with the 20D.
    mr peas wrote:
    Aww traitor!! haha jk. I just got an XT body. I'm just beginning to collect lenses. I'm debating whether or not I should save for L glass or just really sharp EF-S lenses. I want to go full-frame, but I doubt I'll be doing that for at least another year. I gotta' get me a battery grip for my XT though to give me more grip and power. Hah..when I get a new body though, you know I'll be converting this XT into an all out IR camera.. you smell me? wings.gif
    :cry:cry:cry I miss IR!!!!!!!
    Are you reading my mind or what? I'm planning on getting a 2nd 20D body and doing the same with this XT. Definately get the BG for that one, it definately makes it seem less of a toy.

If you want some bang for the buck, try this out
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=187&sort=7&cat=43&page=1
    I bought one and I am very impressed with it.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    :cry:cry:cry I miss IR!!!!!!!
    Are you reading my mind or what? I'm planning on getting a 2nd 20D body and doing the same with this XT. Definately get the BG for that one, it definately makes it seem less of a toy.

If you want some bang for the buck, try this out
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=187&sort=7&cat=43&page=1
    I bought one and I am very impressed with it.

Yeah ive heard good words for that lens. I want to 'borrow' to test certain lenses out before I go out and buy one. But I just got a normal 50mm 1.8 to play with for now. Where did you buy yours from?
    mr peas wrote:
    Yeah ive heard good words for that lens. I want to 'borrow' to test certain lenses out before I go out and buy one. But I just got a normal 50mm 1.8 to play with for now. Where did you buy yours from?

B&H
    There was also a rebate on it at the time.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    edited September 20, 2006
    I did some researching on the Tamron before and more now, I think it will be wise for me to get it as my first zoom-lens. Does anyone know how the edges on an image with it mounted a full-frame SLR looks? I'm thinking it will be less sharper and more CA.

Also Storm, buddy, you're going to miss being able to shoot video with the Sony and do IR with no conversion! I will not sell mine ever! haha wings.gif

Btw, lens shipped. Have fun with it Deb!
    edited September 20, 2006
    Thanks, Mr. Peas, I will PM you when the lens arrive! Aloha, -debbie:D