Backup question

decalsdecals Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited September 20, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there any way to order a backup so that I can put it on my laptop, and the website part still work? I mean take the laptop with me without internet access, and my customers still be able to work it just like the website? Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks guys,

I do love this place...................

Comments

• pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    The only "backup" you can order is the DVD, but that's for pictures and it isn't what you're looking for.

There are a lot of utilities out there that will download a web site for offline viewing. It's been a long time since I've done that, so I don't know how well they work with CSS, javascript, etc. I'm sure a google search would point you in the right direction if someone doesn't answer directly. Good luck.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    decals wrote:
    Is there any way to order a backup so that I can put it on my laptop, and the website part still work? I mean take the laptop with me without internet access, and my customers still be able to work it just like the website? Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks guys,

I do love this place...................
    Hi decals, the backup includes your photos, but not an offline copy of the website.
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Have you figured this out yet?

I just did a quick Google search as I suggested above and the first site that came up was

http://www.internet-soft.com/extractor.htm

Looks like it will do exactly what you're looking for. I've not tried it myself, but would be curious when you do find a solution to know what you used.
  • decalsdecals Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2006
    pat.kane wrote:
    Have you figured this out yet?

I just did a quick Google search as I suggested above and the first site that came up was

http://www.internet-soft.com/extractor.htm

Looks like it will do exactly what you're looking for. I've not tried it myself, but would be curious when you do find a solution to know what you used.

I tried it and it does not do what I need, anybody else have any suggestions? As stated earlier, I would like the compter at my booth to work just like it was connected to the internet when it is not.

Thanks again for any help.....
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2006
    decals wrote:
    I tried it and it does not do what I need, anybody else have any suggestions? As stated earlier, I would like the compter at my booth to work just like it was connected to the internet when it is not.

Thanks again for any help.....
    HI decals,

I am thinking that, because the smugmug pages are mostly dynamically generated, can't be 'downloaded' by that program. I'm sorry.