Options

Drop shipping available?

MAQMAQ Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited September 21, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
:dunnoI noticed tonight when placing an order that I can specify a different shipping address than my own. Was just wondering if this can be used for drop shipping orders to customers with out their seeing my invoice or costs?
Once in awhile I have someone for one reason or another wants to place their order directly with me, and if I could drop ship it would simplify things greatly.

:noob Mike

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    MAQ wrote:
    ne_nau.gifI noticed tonight when placing an order that I can specify a different shipping address than my own. Was just wondering if this can be used for drop shipping orders to customers with out their seeing my invoice or costs?
    Once in awhile I have someone for one reason or another wants to place their order directly with me, and if I could drop ship it would simplify things greatly.

yelrotflmao.gif Mike
    They will not get an invoice, nor see your costs, as long as you don't include their email in the order, you'll be fine!

I hope this helps,
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2006
    It does.
    Thanks Andy,
    This definitely helps for future reference. Hopefully will not have to use it very often.

Andy wrote:
    They will not get an invoice, nor see your costs, as long as you don't include their email in the order, you'll be fine!

I hope this helps,
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2006
    another use for this
    Sometimes a thank you or complimentary print sent out is a nice surprise for a client. I've done this for people who have helped me a lot on shoots (or loaned me gear or something like that) and it's always appreciated. 'Course you have to get their mailing address somehow... but that's usually fairly easy.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited September 21, 2006
    Sounds like Good idea.
    This is a nice idea, but hoping that coupons will be implemented soon, then could just send them an email with a code good for an 8x10 or something.

Mike

dogwood wrote:
    Sometimes a thank you or complimentary print sent out is a nice surprise for a client. I've done this for people who have helped me a lot on shoots (or loaned me gear or something like that) and it's always appreciated. 'Course you have to get their mailing address somehow... but that's usually fairly easy.