Options

Miss Earth Australia 2006 - Natalie Woods

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited September 24, 2006 in People
Here is one of my very first shots with an external flash, in this case 580ex mounted on a press-t bracket.
Newly crowned Miss Earth Australia 2006 is gorgeous and very friendly Natalie Newton. Here photographed in a stunning red dress

one.gifMiss-Earth-Australia-2006-Natalie-Newton-20060916_IMG_0344.jpg
one.gif
Full image here: Natalie Newton

Comments

• Options
    BrowndogBrowndog Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2006
    Beautiful ......... and an excellent shot tooclap.gif
    Mike W....
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2006
    Hi Ted, it may have been what you were going for, but the highlights on her forehead, cheek, and shoulder are a bit distracting to me, they lead me away from her eyes and smile. She's definitely very pretty, but her smile looks a little stiff. Her outfit and hair are great.
    Chris
  • Options
    ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2006
    Nice work with the flash! It doesn't look like flash at all. I love her vampy style. :)
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2006
    Hi, Ted
    Nice photo!thumb.gif
    The shoulder looks blow out a bit to me.

Take Care,
    Charles Cassidy,
    Cassidy's Photography,
    828-231-5460,
    http://www.modellocate.com/action/goto/uid=4447
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2006
    Thank you all. I have now updated a whole gallery from the pageant. You are more than welcome to visit and see more girls from this event here: http://www.digital-photo.com.au/v/People/Miss+Earth+Australia+2006/
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    Really nice photo of Miss Earth and really nice Gallery of the other contestants.
    Does your press t-bar allow for tilting the flash forward a bit.....I noticed some of your shots had fall off towards the bottom and one way of preventing this is a slight forward tilt of the flash.

Really great shots!!! bowdown.gifwings.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    The fault is with me not with the bracket. The shots in the gallery come from multiple nights and I did not use the bracket all the time.

The whole pageant was an experience: I know now how little I know about event and flash photography. Not only from technical point of view but also placement and dealing with other photographers at the same time. Lots of mental notes and not a lot of good photos to show for it (probably 50 good shots out of over 1000 taken)
    Art Scott wrote:
    Really nice photo of Miss Earth and really nice Gallery of the other contestants.
    Does your press t-bar allow for tilting the flash forward a bit.....I noticed some of your shots had fall off towards the bottom and one way of preventing this is a slight forward tilt of the flash.

Really great shots!!! bowdown.gifwings.gif