Options

Folks by the fountain

Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
edited December 5, 2004 in People
Hi again friends!

This is yet another photo I've taken during my walks through the University of Campinas. A couple chatting by one of the fountains in the Institute of Mathematics, take a look:

?iid=y5o5d2&outx=600&noresize=1&original=1&nostamp=1

The processing was very minimal, as usual, and it mainly involved getting those slightly unreal colors. What do you guys think? :-)

Thanks so much for viewing!

-- thiago

Comments

• Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    Hey there friend
    That's a nice shot! I would have composed the couple to be a bit more to the right side of the photo, but otherwise I really like it :D The motion blur of the water really works for me! It asks for attention, but not in an 'irritating' way, if you know what I mean mwink.gif
    Thanks for sharing Thiago!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Cool...
    Unusual shot. I love the colors.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    Thanks a lot! :-)
    Michiel: Glad you liked my photo! I think you're probably right... Composing with the couple more to the right side would look better. As for the fountain, I tried to make it look soft and unobtrusive. Ahhh, the wonders of f/2.8... Heheheh... :-)

Snappy: I'm really thrilled to know you found my picture unusual. That was certainly my intention, especially regarding the colors. Believe me, messing with the WB on this one was *lots* of fun!

---

Thanks so much for the great replies!

Take care!

-- thiago