Options

Baby pics

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited December 5, 2004 in People
A friend of mine had a baby daughter 3 months ago, and we did a session today. Comments welcome. I think that the color one is a bit oversharpened...

12216149-L.jpg

12215055-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Cute!
    Cute baby, but I can't see too much of her. I would get rid of the fuzzy thing. I think it detracts from the baby. Three months is a hard age to shoot. So tiny, hardly strong enough to hold up their head.

I do like the black and white one better than the color, but I'd like to see the whole face. Maybe prop the baby's face up on her hands laying on a smooth blanket. Good detail in those close ups!
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    LOVE the b&w one!!!! I can see that hanging on their nusury wall in a very large format.

Great work!

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    Thank you so much Snappy and Tim...
    I did her at five weeks and indeed it was easier. I had no clue that 3 months is something to work on... :D
    Here is one last pic of this session. Yesterday it seemed OK to leave her nappies on, today I wonder if we should have had her without them...
    12237624-L.jpg
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    I like the above shot you did photocat, except for the nappy, if it had been a cloth nappy it would have been nostalgic.

I met my 3 mo old grandson for the first time at Thanksgiving. I mostly saw him in the company of someone. Here are a few.

My flash battery was going out, the colors I guessed at (I didn't like the blk and white as much though I have one), but his arm shows that the flash was not working that well, I like the arm moving. The "old" person is my youngest daughter, her first time seeing her nephew.

12239574-L.jpg

This one was a hit, but I am sure it was not what you were going for. It is called multi tasking. I thought it was funny and snapped it. His father is holding him, drinking water, the boy holding the baby's hand is the baby's cousin.

12042037-M.jpg

Father, my son, Jon, and baby, Ian

12042036-M.jpg

I have more, the baby was always with someone. Sometimes I used him just as a vehicle to get a picture of the person the baby was with. I have seen some great shots of a three month old, but I would not know how to get them to you to see. They were taken by the son of a woman in my dog club. I have not seen them for awhile. He took a gazillion photos of the child, weekly it seemed. I don't remember what he did.

The photo you took with the nappies reminds me of those babies with flowers that are/were so popular. You might look at some of her stuff. Just go into the book store and look, don't need to buy anything.

I took a close shot of his head, too. I don't like those. I don't know why, other people seem to do it. I wish I had a close up of his hands and feet. I was only with him during large family groups. I did take lots of photos of the babies of my daughter above, at that age, natural light from a window while the baby was in a bounce seat, etc. Those were good, however I have no idea where they are now.

I would work from the direction of the nappy shot.......no nappy, lol.

g (look at that book to see how she deals with the nudity) You may be able to find some of the photos online. I don't know her name.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    Photocat, I like the colors in that nappy shot, love them, actually. The whitish background, the white towels, then the color of the baby. So good, I would use that again.

g
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Photocat, I like the colors in that nappy shot, love them, actually. The whitish background, the white towels, then the color of the baby. So good, I would use that again.

g

Thanks Ginger for your feedback... very good idea to have an oldfashioned nappy with me...
    Your grandson is so pretty... Sounds like you hd a good time with your family
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    [/QUOTE]I too love the black and white cat... it's so tender..clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I too love the black and white cat... it's so tender..clap.gifclap.gif[/QUOTE]

Thx Lynn :D
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    I think the extreme closeups can work, but you have to like babies up close an personal, drool and all.

12248325-L.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    I think the extreme closeups can work, but you have to like babies up close an personal, drool and all.

Their moms usually do... so we are fine there I think
  • Options
    marygracemarygrace Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    rutt wrote:

12248325-L.jpg
    TOO. CUTE. FOR. WORDS.
    marygrace
    my photos go here

D200
    D70
    18-70/3.5
    85/1.8
    50/1.8
    lens baby 2.0
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    They just bother me when the heads seem larger than the baby's head. When I took natural light pictures of Sara's babies in the bounce thing, I was very tight, didn't want to show any background, and they worked, I know that, but the one I took over Thanksgiving didn't.

12042038-L.jpg

I think I put blur on it, rather than take the rash off of his face. The up close photos I am seeing here, including mine, I think all the babies could be intercangeable. The one's taken by the dog owner's son who seems to be an excellent photographer, he was very tight, but his shots somehow showed the babies personality.

ginger
    I will try to get his web site address and lift one. The baby is older now, though.

Rutt's yours is a bit better as you are showing expression in the baby's face, but I still think it is kind of generic. That is just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    Hey you all I have some great babies.

3245314-M.jpg

3936785-M.jpg

3936403-M.jpg

This is my absolute favorite:

5119759-M.jpg

I have more, too, but those are some of my favorites, I just love that bottom one.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:

Can't see them Ginger, all I see is blue questionmarks...
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    ginger_55 wrote:

Can't see them Ginger, all I see is blue questionmarks...
    All I see this AM is those darn red Xs. They were there last night. Have to get ready for church. Will try to redo later today.

They were mediums brought over from smugmug, what could go wrong with that?

sorry, ginger