Options

Hi

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited December 5, 2004 in Wildlife
Hi,

I have just upgraded to a Canon 20d from an Olympus C-300. This forum is excellent and the standard of photography is extremely high. I have enjoyed looking at your photos and am posting a couple of mine in return.

This is the river Liffey in the Wicklow mountains.

6835128-S.jpg

and this is the Stelvio Pass in Italy.

6837680-S.jpg

http://seamus.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    shay wrote:
    Hi,

I have just upgraded to a Canon 20d from an Olympus C-300. This forum is excellent and the standard of photography is extremely high. I have enjoyed looking at your photos and am posting a couple of mine in return.

This is the river Liffey in the Wicklow mountains.

and this is the Stelvio Pass in Italy.

ttp://seamus.smugmug.com/
    Hi Shay welcomewave.gif yes this is a fun forum. Thanks for sharing your shots.. dont be afraid to make 'em BIG..
    6835128-L.jpg

6837680-L.jpg
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    Hey!
    Welcome to the forum Shay wave.gif, I'm still quite new myself, but it is a nice forum as I have to conclude up till now :D
    Good one on the second shot! I really like it!! Enjoy that 20D it is an awesome camera!
    Ciao
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome. The 20d is going to be a fun camera. I really want to get good quality photographs of motorcycle racing and also to experiment with photoshop. The detail in a large jpeg, 4mb+, is astounding. I have a lot to learn :D

http://seamus.smugmug.com/index.mg?logOut=1&NickName=seamus
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    shay wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome. The 20d is going to be a fun camera. I really want to get good quality photographs of motorcycle racing and also to experiment with photoshop. The detail in a large jpeg, 4mb+, is astounding. I have a lot to learn :D

http://seamus.smugmug.com/index.mg?logOut=1&NickName=seamus

Just don't let them get you started on RAW until you are ready, that's a whole different world. Love the pic of Stelvio Pass in Italy. Thank you Lynnma for making it "big" :D
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    I love that 2nd one, I didn't get a feel for the elevation drop until I looked more closely. Cool!
  • Options
    mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    I like the first one. Nice composition. clap.gif
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    Welcome aboard! That second shot is way cool.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Here and back again and again and again...
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Shay welcomewave.gif yes this is a fun forum. Thanks for sharing your shots.. dont be afraid to make 'em BIG..
    6835128-L.jpg

6837680-L.jpg

What crackhead designed that road? I am sure there is supposedly a good reason for it...but man...I would make that designer walk it every day for the rest of his life if he ever designed that road for my town!

Oh wait..I just got it...He signed his work! Now If I could only read his handwriting!

MainFragger
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    What crackhead designed that road? I am sure there is supposedly a good reason for it...but man...I would make that designer walk it every day for the rest of his life if he ever designed that road for my town!

Oh wait..I just got it...He signed his work! Now If I could only read his handwriting!

MainFragger
    If you do a search on Google on Stelvio pass you will see why the road is like that. It is one of the "must see" biking roads in Europe. Afaik there are 84 hairpin bends between the ascent and descent.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    I don't think I could even "walk" my bike up that hill.rolleyes1.gifUnless I drafted Lance.rolleyes1.gif
    Nice shots.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog