Options

First Wedding Shots

Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited September 26, 2006 in Weddings
Yeah, I know, you've seen tons of first wedding shots. Do you have one more C&C in you? Thanks for looking!
www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 25, 2006
    And Another, just cuz you love it!
    www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2006
    OK, one more but that's where I stop until someone says something nice...
  • Options
    mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    I likes. I just shot my first wedding this weekend, and missed a few shots like these. Good catches.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    I just saw this post and I reponded immediately (rolleyes1.gif ).

Anyway, the first and third are very good and I know the B&G will treasure them and I would cound myself lucky to have captured such.

You asked for C&C - here goes with no sugar coating. IMO, the second one fails for lack of fill flash. Just a little bit would have recovered her face and still left the sun as a hair high-light.

I hope that helps some.
  • Options
    AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    Wow, these shots are really good thumb.gif

Hmm, I'm sure you could have done better with the first one by going a little more in front of them, yet the whole thing is a good example of "instinctive" shots.
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • Options
    ellepixelsellepixels Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    AntoineD wrote:
    Wow, these shots are really good thumb.gif

Hmm, I'm sure you could have done better with the first one by going a little more in front of them, yet the whole thing is a good example of "instinctive" shots.

Not bad for a first wedding. I love the first one. Great shot.
    clap.gif
    Lost in Smugmug world.
    visit my website. feel free to sign the guestbook to le me know you dropped by-
    http://www.tanyadelnegro.com
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    I like the last shot but you cut off her feet!
  • Options
    stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    These look like you had a lot of fun taking them. You may want to look at fredmiranda.com...in the wedding photography forum they have this priceless thread that shares post processing tips and tricks from the pros. May do wonders for your photos. Here is one of my before and afters just from having a go at some of their suggestions...

93097330-M.jpg

97249661-M.jpg
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Thanks for all the constructive ideas. That's exactly why I joined this site!

BTW, if you haven't played with LightRoom by Adobe, go get the Beta4 download for free. I am impressed with how the software intuitvely knows what the best light & color looks like. I'll post some of my shots from there when I get home.