Options

Excited about my 1st payment.. so how/when?

j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
edited September 28, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Finally got my W9 off to smugmug and am anticipating my 1st check!

I finally got over the $500, so I sent it in.

What day should I be waiting at my PO Box? :barb

I'm not sure on tax stuff, so say.. I have X amount, do we get that x amount or does IRS take off the top?

All new to me.. but I'm stoked! I still can't believe people are buying my photo's!

Will be taking the profit and selling my lens to upgrade. So happy. So happy!!

Thanks smugmug!! :bow

Comments

• Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2006
    j-bo wrote:
    Finally got my W9 off to smugmug and am anticipating my 1st check!

I finally got over the $500, so I sent it in.

What day should I be waiting at my PO Box? wings.gif

I'm not sure on tax stuff, so say.. I have X amount, do we get that x amount or does IRS take off the top?

All new to me.. but I'm stoked! I still can't believe people are buying my photo's!

Will be taking the profit and selling my lens to upgrade. So happy. So happy!!

Thanks smugmug!! bowdown.gif

It usually arrives here in Jersey around the 10th of the month...
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2006
    Since they cut checks quarterly, September is the end of the quarter. Seems to me you should receive it around Oct. 15th.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    Since they cut checks quarterly, September is the end of the quarter. Seems to me you should receive it around Oct. 15th.
    We actually cut checks monthly - automactically for folks that have more than $500 in profits. Quartely for folks that have $200 or more in profits. Checks are written *during* the first week of every month.

The above is all if you have submitted your W-9. If not, Show Me The Money :D
  • Options
    Diane SDiane S Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    What if my profit is less?
    Andy wrote:
    We actually cut checks monthly - automactically for folks that have more than $500 in profits. Quartely for folks that have $200 or more in profits. Checks are written *during* the first week of every month.

The above is all if you have submitted your W-9. If not, Show Me The Money :D

I just have about $90.00 in profit sales .. will I still get my check in October? I don't push sales via Smugmug, so I don't anticipate reaching $500.00. And yes, I have submitted my W-9.

thanks!

...and Andy.. how do you make that avatar pic wink at me?? That is so cool.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.dianeschafer.com

• Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
  • Options
    Diane S wrote:
    I just have about $90.00 in profit sales .. will I still get my check in October? I don't push sales via Smugmug, so I don't anticipate reaching $500.00. And yes, I have submitted my W-9.

thanks!

...and Andy.. how do you make that avatar pic wink at me?? That is so cool.
    You will get a check automatically, if w-9 is on file, at $200 - you get that quarterly. Monthly at $500. Any amount, by request, when we do our checks (during the first week of the month, which means a check theoretically could be mailed on the Friday of the first full week of the month). See the link just above for full details.. thanks!
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    I guess this is along the same lines of this questioning...

In Washington State we have a state sales tax. How is that handled? I would be curious for responses from anyone living in a state which has a state sales tax.

To make it more confusing, Smugmug is based in California, who knows where the customer is located, if I do have to pay tax how to I reconcile all of that? where did the sale take place? ne_nau.gif
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    greenpea wrote:
    I guess this is along the same lines of this questioning...

In Washington State we have a state sales tax. How is that handled? I would be curious for responses from anyone living in a state which has a state sales tax.

To make it more confusing, Smugmug is based in California, who knows where the customer is located, if I do have to pay tax how to I reconcile all of that? where did the sale take place? ne_nau.gif
    The sale takes place in California, and we only collect sales tax from buyers in California. We report it to the State of California. You don't have to do anything :D
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    The sale takes place in California, and we only collect sales tax from buyers in California. We report it to the State of California. You don't have to do anything :D

Thanks Andy!
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange