Options

Twin Towers

sserrasserra Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited September 28, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
It occurs to me that I have several variations (various crops) of one image of the twin towers (WTC) in NYC that I would like to put in a gallery. I'm wondering if anyone feels the inclusion of the image, taken from a plane I was in, going to LaGuardia (with one image I had left to take, by the way) would be perceived negatively...insensitive, things like that. I think it's a good image, and I'd like to share it with those who may take inspiration from it, but I recognize it's inclusion could be tricky. Would love your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    Can you post the image? I would think it would be fine.

I don't think we can try to live like 9-11 never happened.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with the posting of the images or the selling of them either.
    If we shoot any landmark and then it gets destroyed it should not effect the displaying of selling of our work.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    lets try not to forget.... post it up!
  • Options
    awwww, thanks!!! It's actually so meaningful to me because I'm from the NY area plus it was my one last shot, and I didn't expect to be able to capture it, have time to straighten the lines, have the fortune to sit on the right side of the plane, etc. I'll get it up in a bit!
  • Options
    I just spent the last 40 minutes looking through all my files, since I did not label these, getting increasingly anxious, especially since my laptop was stolen a few weeks back, and I thought they could have been in there. Uploaded SOON! Oh yeah, found them!
  • Options
    sserra wrote:
    I just spent the last 40 minutes looking through all my files, since I did not label these, getting increasingly anxious, especially since my laptop was stolen a few weeks back, and I thought they could have been in there. Uploaded SOON! Oh yeah, found them!

ok, don't want to link directly, go to

susan
    serra

photography

all one word. The first image was just a crop from the second image. And, in the first image, I removed the area around the top of the antennas. It also may not be a final version, but it's a start.
  • Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    www.smugmug.com/gallery/1942666/1/98524434/Large

no linkey... but it makes it easier to copy and paste... looks good!
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    I think it looks good to. I would put it in the gallery. Why not link to it?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    Really nice ......coulda just posted them here also....woulda been nice mwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    JimM wrote:
    I think it looks good to. I would put it in the gallery. Why not link to it?

Because my very first post is now on the front page of google a few spots below my company name! I couldn't believe it.