Options

Discounts on orders

rockstarrockstar Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited September 30, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I searched the forum and did not see anything about this...sorry if it is there and I missed it...

Can you set a discount if a person orders (on the same order) a certain number of photos? Like they are a dollar each, but if you get 20 or more the price goes down to 75 cents (just for an example!).

If not...

I would guess you could set up a gallery of the photos they are interested in and adjust the price for that?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    rockstar wrote:
    I searched the forum and did not see anything about this...sorry if it is there and I missed it...

Can you set a discount if a person orders (on the same order) a certain number of photos? Like they are a dollar each, but if you get 20 or more the price goes down to 75 cents (just for an example!).
    I'm sorry this is not currently possible...
    If not...

I would guess you could set up a gallery of the photos they are interested in and adjust the price for that?

Thanks!
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    rockstarrockstar Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited September 26, 2006
    Thanks Andy...

I think the gallery will work just fine...It would be nice to have so many orders that it would be a nightmare for me to put up all those individualized galleries...but...I don't think I will have that many orders :(

We'll see!! At least I can offer it as an option to people who want to order a bunch of prints at once. :D
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    rockstar wrote:
    Thanks Andy...

We'll see!! At least I can offer it as an option to people who want to order a bunch of prints at once. :D

Currently, when I offer discounted pricing based on volume I just have the customer buy directly from me (they send an email listing items and I send them a paypal invoice). When payment is made, I place the order myself and have it mailed to the customer.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2006
    rockstar wrote:
    Thanks Andy...

I think the gallery will work just fine...It would be nice to have so many orders that it would be a nightmare for me to put up all those individualized galleries...but...I don't think I will have that many orders :(

If you are doing events, another way is to offer a discount on the whole gallery for the first two weeks after the event then put the price back to normal.

Dna