WTB: 50mm 1.8 canon - or any lenses for under 100$!

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited October 1, 2006 in House of Canon
I'm looking to buying my first lens for my Canon (woot!). If you have any lenses for $40-$100 that you recommend in me getting or have one available to sell, let me know! I appreciate it!

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2006
    Come on, you guys must have something!! I'm about to hit up Ebay for some 50mm 1.8.s, I need a lens sent out by Monday if possible!
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    Sorry... I gave away my old film camera and a couple lenses to my sister-in-law a few months ago... ne_nau.gif
    Chris
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    You can get the Canon 50 1.8 brand new for only about $80 at B&H...
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
    Yeah thats what I'm about to do, however, I'm just hoping someone has them in hand theyre not using and are willing to part it out.

I appreciate it though!
  • JudyHJudyH Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    Canon f/1.8 50 mm FS
    mr peas wrote:
    I'm looking to buying my first lens for my Canon (woot!). If you have any lenses for $40-$100 that you recommend in me getting or have one available to sell, let me know! I appreciate it!

I have one that I have only used 3 different times. I mostly shoot outdoors and don't think I really need it since I never use it. I'd take $65 including shipping in the U.S.

I also have a 75 - 300 IS for sale which is more than $100 though.

Judy Howle
    Southern Exposures
    http://southern-exposures.net
    http://ImageEvent.com/jhowle
    sent you a pm judy. thanks!
  • F8th637F8th637 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2006
    mr peas wrote:

I bought my Canon 50mm F1/8 at Amazon for roughly $70. Shipping is probably free too.
    http://ryanandangel.smugmug.com
    Cameras: Canon EOS 30D & Canon S3 IS
    Lenses: 17-85mm f/4 & 70-200mm f/4 L USM. Think I lost our 50mm f/1.8 on our cruise last Fall.
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    Check out this link:

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20219447.html?searchinfo=35-135&item_no=4

I bought a used 35-135mm from adorama, and I have found it quite useful, especially for $125 or so. It's a nice range, and the lens is well built and solid. I'm currently looking to get a 70-300 IS, after which I will probably sell the 35-135, but it could be a few weeks or so.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
    F8th637- I just bought the 50mm 1.8 used, for roughly $10-$15 dollars less than what it costs @ Amazon. 10-15 isnt a big savings for me, if i could have seen that link before i would have ordered it there instead. oh well hah too late now.

Justiceiro- im not in any rush. im actually saving for the tamron 28-75mm now. but if you still have your lens avail. lmk in a few weeks. thanks
    I think you will dig the 50 1.8; I carry it a lot to parties and other "low light" events- you just can't beat getting a handheld shot with no flash. Also, it's cool to take tight DOF shots; best value of any lens I have ever bought.

I will let you know about the 35-135; if I get the 70-300 I won't have anything to cover the 55-70 range without that lens. I want to "walk around" for a week or so and see if it matters.
    edited September 21, 2006
    I'm in no rush. I'd rather spend the extra cash and get something that will satisfy me than save a buck and get something that wont. ill still consider yours when and if you want to part with it, but im really leaning towards the 28-75 tamron.
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    Justiceiro wrote:
    I will let you know about the 35-135; if I get the 70-300 I won't have anything to cover the 55-70 range without that lens..

except your feet :D
  • James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    Well I have a 50mm 1.8 for sale. Probably used it twice. It still looks new. I have no need for it cause I have the 85mm 1.8

$70 including shipping.

Includes a Hoya UV filter and a 58mm - 52mm step down ring for those macro shots.
    sirsloop wrote:
    except your feet :D

That's true. That's why I am not to worried about it.
    rex wrote:
    Well I have a 50mm 1.8 for sale. Probably used it twice. It still looks new. I have no need for it cause I have the 85mm 1.8

$70 including shipping.

Includes a Hoya UV filter and a 58mm - 52mm step down ring for those macro shots.

I appreciate your offer, I just got one. Thanks though rex.
    mr peas wrote:
    I appreciate your offer, I just got one. Thanks though rex.

Well it is still available if anyone wants it. Lens + $40 filter + $8 coupling ring. All for $70. Used maybe 2 or 3 times
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2006
    Have you checked out the used departments at Adorama, KEH and B&H?
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited September 23, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    Have you checked out the used departments at Adorama, KEH and B&H?

I havent actually I'll give it a look now ;]
    edited September 23, 2006
    edited September 30, 2006
    I recently found out I had an extra mk1 50mm 1.8 laying in the house from our previous film body so I had to sell the mk2 to Renee (Nee7x7) here mwink.gif Just in case you're wondering the only big diff between the two is the non plastic build and louder motor on the mk1 but optically, theyre the same. Not a big deal!

But I'm still looking for more lenses for under $100!
    I doubt I'll find this, but I'd like to pick up something around 17mm with the smallest possible aperture possible so I can start using my camera for work.
    28mm is good, its not enough for me, but I will consider it!

Email/PM me!

Thanks to everyone who emailed/replied as well.
    edited September 30, 2006
    Just wanted to post that the 50mm I had for sale has been sold.
    edited October 1, 2006
    rex wrote:
    Just wanted to post that the 50mm I had for sale has been sold.

thanks, gj on the sale! its a really good lens, lots of fun to shoot with. glad you found it a new home.

anyway.. has anyone shot with a Tokina 19-35mm before?
    I think I'll be able to pick one up for around $100 shipped.
    Lmk what you guys think.