Options

Dell Home vs. Dell Small Business

chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited October 1, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Can anyone explain to me why Dell home is far more expensive than Dell small business? Are the motherboards a less superior quality?
---
Chris
Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
Canon 10D | 20D | 5D

Comments

• Options
    DudeXDudeX Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    chrisjlee wrote:
    Can anyone explain to me why Dell home is far more expensive than Dell small business? Are the motherboards a less superior quality?

That puzzles me too, but I think Dell Home includes more warranty support by default compared to Dell Small Business which gives you a lot more options for warranty support.

Also Dell Home packs in more software for the end user, so they pass that cost on to you.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2006
    DudeX wrote:
    That puzzles me too, but I think Dell Home includes more warranty support by default compared to Dell Small Business which gives you a lot more options for warranty support.

Also Dell Home packs in more software for the end user, so they pass that cost on to you.

Hmm alright.
    ---
    Chris
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    might check things like amount of ram and size of hard drive..etc......

A friend of mine decided to upgrade ram on his Dell.....was he surprised that the local Best buy didn't have ram for Dell.....I wasn't....seems a lot of companies want to be your one and only ....mwink.gifrofl
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 1, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    might check things like amount of ram and size of hard drive..etc......

A friend of mine decided to upgrade ram on his Dell.....was he surprised that the local Best buy didn't have ram for Dell.....I wasn't....seems a lot of companies want to be your one and only ....mwink.gifrofl

Art:

Yeah thats the case with their printer cartridges too. You have to order them online. It's too much of a PITA.

Avoid their sub-par printers.
    ---
    Chris
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D