Mt Rainier NP

quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
edited October 3, 2006 in Journeys
We didn't have much time for a full camping trip last weekend so we compromised with a short drive through the National Park.

We caught the first of the color change in the mountains.

99681728-M.jpg

We stopped at the reflecting lakes (pretty windy, no mirror effect) and I tried to get a decent photo of the big mountain. I should have been taking pictures of the 5+ other people with high end SLRs and tripods lined
up doing the same thing.

99687686-M.jpg

I setted for a nice portrait of my tripod/equipment sherpa.
99687146-M.jpg

We arrived at Paradise a bit before sunset but the visitor center was already closed. Apparently we stopped to take a few too many photos on the way up. Alas.

99689039-M.jpg

View down into the valley was also great!
99689853-M.jpg

The next day we drove up to Sunrise (not that early) and we had some nice views of the other side of the mountain.
99692119-M.jpg

And as we stood around at the viewpoints we watched the clouds roll in .... and the big mountain disappeared.

99690734-M.jpg

Rainier gets cloud socked so often when we come we have a solid plan B. We just headed south to Gifford Pinchot, but that is another journey. :wink
heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
facebook
photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.

Comments

• justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Just like being there. Wonderful shots.
    I miss the PNW.:cry
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    justME wrote:
    I miss the PNW.:cry

Me, too... Mt. Rainier feels like a friend I haven't visited in a long time... Nice shots, Quark!
    Chris