Options

calibration using spyder2pro problem

kapaluakapalua Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited October 5, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
hello, just got my 30" apple cinema display - woohoo!

along with it I got a new spyder2pro. after calibration it shows you a before/after views of what your monitor looked like.

the problem: my "before" calibration screen looks MUCH better than my "after" calibration screen. the calibration turned my monitor into a very reddish shade. skin tones look awful.

any idea what's going on here? thanks.

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    I can't say for sure about the Apple display. I just had the same results this morning with my Dell 2405. Too red. I reset the monitor to factory defaults and made sure the RGB settings were at mid scale. I reran the Spyder. All looks good now. Also make sure the monitor warms up and no stray light reflects on the screen.
  • Options
    sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    Did you set the monitor to the default setting before you began?
    What were your lighting conditions in the room?
    Did you select RBG sliders to set your colors on the LCD?
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    I reset the monitor to factory setting prior to calibration. On the monitor the RGB sliders range is 0-100, I set them the 50, also prior to the calibration. The shades closed, the lights off. I'm sure the room doesn't have to be pitch black, just enough to keep any refections off the screen.
    I just ran across this post from Andy: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33656&highlight=Huey
    Andy wrote:
    I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure it's worth reading.