Upper Saranac Lake, NY (52 pics)

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited October 6, 2006 in Journeys
This was to be the last voyage with my S7000 (Point and Shoot)... and I really think I got the best out of it here. My family took a trip up to Saranac Lake in the Adirondacks (New York) and spent a week in a lakefront house. It was such an awesome trip and so very relaxing. I spent lots of personal time with my camera as well as my father's Canon (pictured).

Critique-ing welcomed!

saranac_001.jpg

My mother was relaxing on the dock and she is rarely up for picture taking with her as the subject. I was really happy I could get a good photo of her... and she was smiling to boot!
saranac_002.jpg

Our rowboat got lost, rather it drifted away. Since my thumb was injured and couldn't get wet my sister and brother had to go fetch it.
saranac_003.jpg

saranac_004.jpg

saranac_005.jpg

saranac_006.jpg

saranac_007.jpg

saranac_008.jpg

saranac_009.jpg

saranac_010.jpg

saranac_011.jpg

I ended up waking at 5:30AM one morning just to see the sunrise... thought it would be up at that time but it turned out to be later than expected.
saranac_012.jpg

saranac_013.jpg

saranac_014.jpg

That is me at the end of the dock; I was fooling around with timed shots.
saranac_015.jpg

saranac_016.jpg

saranac_017.jpg

saranac_018.jpg

My father's camera (Canon) with the zoom lens. I believe the lens is a 70-300mm.
saranac_019.jpg

saranac_020.jpg

Comments

• jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    One of the days we took a trip to some sort of nature museum with a walkable trail. So the next bunch of photos was from that trip... The museum was awesome, and my favorite part was the live Otter area. They have a River Otter and he was definately the cutest animal I have ever seen. I unfortunately couldn't get a good picture because he moved too fast and the lighting was way too low.
    saranac_021.jpg

saranac_022.jpg

saranac_023.jpg

saranac_024.jpg

saranac_025.jpg

saranac_026.jpg

saranac_027.jpg

saranac_028.jpg

saranac_029.jpg

Afterwards we went food shopping and when we came out I noticed this dog was chilling in the driver seat of some car. I thought it was funny so I snapped some pictures.
    saranac_030.jpg

saranac_031.jpg

saranac_032.jpg

saranac_033.jpg

I finally got out on the boat (thumb injury FTL) and snapped pictures of my family enjoying the cold waters. hehe
    saranac_034.jpg

saranac_035.jpg

saranac_036.jpg

saranac_037.jpg

saranac_038.jpg

saranac_039.jpg

saranac_040.jpg
    edited October 4, 2006
    The next day we visited a place called The Gorges. Had a bunch of waterfalls and was pretty cool.
    saranac_041.jpg

saranac_042.jpg

saranac_043.jpg

saranac_044.jpg

saranac_045.jpg

Ha. We also visited Lake Placid and took rides on the old bobsled track. My brother and I beat my father/sister by nearly a second. Was definately a fun ride, although expensive. We were going to do the bi-athelon shooting but it closed to early.
    saranac_046.jpg

A picture of my father (left) and me (squinting :() at The Gorges..
    saranac_047.jpg

saranac_048.jpg

And some tubing pictures of my sister, brother and father.
    saranac_049.jpg

saranac_050.jpg

saranac_051.jpg

saranac_052.jpg
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Nice series. I have a long-time love of the Adirondacks. Miss them. Thanks for taking me back. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited October 4, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nice series. I have a long-time love of the Adirondacks. Miss them. Thanks for taking me back. thumb.gif

Thanks. I will always love the Adirondacks after spending just one week there. So quiet and relaxing.
  • antriebantrieb Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    I love your old camera John! And Saranac lake is a great place. Nice shots!
    Photography runs in my blood :andy

http://zwilliams.smugmug.com/
    edited October 6, 2006
    antrieb wrote:
    I love your old camera John! And Saranac lake is a great place. Nice shots!

I am glad you love it... I am kind of missing the video feature... hehe. 15 minutes (limited only by the card) of 30fps, 640x480 video (w/ audio) was one of the selling points when I originally bought it... mwink.gif

And thanks for the comments... :ivar