Options

What causes this...??

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited December 8, 2004 in Finishing School
When i fool with the photo in PS..all looks cool & when i reopen it in Windows it looks ok but when i put it on SM i get this distortion. Is it because when im putting the drop shadow & name on it is then a PS photo & i loose something when i change it back to a jpeg ?

This is blown up somewhat but you get the idea. See the distortion.

12462297-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    When i fool with the photo in PS..all looks cool & when i reopen it in Windows it looks ok but when i put it on SM i get this distortion. Is it because when im putting the drop shadow & name on it is then a PS photo & i loose something when i change it back to a jpeg ?

This is blown up somewhat but you get the idea. See the distortion.

are you using anti-aliased fonts for your name? the drop shadowing will affect it, and also the upsizing will affect it.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    andy wrote:
    are you using anti-aliased fonts for your name? the drop shadowing will affect it, and also the upsizing will affect it.
    Thanks andy...i have no idea what im using for fonts other than the ones in PS.

The odd part is that i put the photo into SM...open the SM page & view it in the normal right hand window...its distorted...open the photo in large or original in SM & its totally gone.

Possibly some sort of compression distortion ?
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 8, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Thanks andy...i have no idea what im using for fonts other than the ones in PS.

The odd part is that i put the photo into SM...open the SM page & view it in the normal right hand window...its distorted...open the photo in large or original in SM & its totally gone.

Possibly some sort of compression distortion ?
    I think so... With some heavy artificial photoshop work, I've noticed that the medium and small versions on SM sometimes look distorted. Altough SM does a great job with resizing, it can't be perfect.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]