Options

A Day of Motorcycles, Tractors, and Cows

galaxycowpokegalaxycowpoke Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited October 10, 2006 in Sports
Most images were captured with 1DMII and 300mm f/4.

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 4, 2006
    Good struff Shaun thumb.gifthumb.gif

Not an average shot among them clap.gif Not to mention those purty girls :D Oh yeah and the cows....lol

One thought. People on dial-up are going to have a hard time viewing your thread. There's just too many images in it. ne_nau.gif We get less traffic here than in the other forums. So in the future feel free to do a Pt1 thread and Pt2 thread. I think you will get more views/responses :D

Thanks for sharing these,

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif Very nice shots, and some angles to shot for on my next track day. I am a dial up user ( and 1 mile from a DSL hook up ) and got to pic.16 before the time out. No pretty girls or cows, wait that did not sound right. I have a 70-200 2.8 VR on the way and can not wait to use it. I would love to move up to a 300 or 400 2.8 but it is not in the cards yet. Maybe next year. thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2006
    Good struff Shaun thumb.gifthumb.gif

Not an average shot among them clap.gif Not to mention those purty girls :D Oh yeah and the cows....lol

One thought. People on dial-up are going to have a hard time viewing your thread. There's just too many images in it. ne_nau.gif We get less traffic here than in the other forums. So in the future feel free to do a Pt1 thread and Pt2 thread. I think you will get more views/responses :D

Thanks for sharing these,

Steve

Thanks for the praise, Steve. And thanks for the tip about splitting them into multiple threads. I put them all in one 'cause I thought that would be the polite thing to do. But, considering the dial-up issue, if I have over a half-dozen or so 800px images, I'll definitely split them next time. Thanks for the advice. :)
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Very nice shots, and some angles to shot for on my next track day. I am a dial up user ( and 1 mile from a DSL hook up ) and got to pic.16 before the time out. No pretty girls or cows, wait that did not sound right. I have a 70-200 2.8 VR on the way and can not wait to use it. I would love to move up to a 300 or 400 2.8 but it is not in the cards yet. Maybe next year. thumb.gif
    Thank you, nomad! Concerning the 70-200 vs 3 or 4, 90% of the images in my portfolio so far were shot with the 70-200! You have to get a bit closer, but that pro zoom will get the job done. Having said that, I'm arranging for surgery to sell my left kidney for a 300 2.8 whose resolution is phenomenal! :)
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    And about the angles, my main priority that morning was just that, to explore the "here be dragons" parts of the track where people rarely go to experiment with a variety of shots. I'm really glad that you made note of them. :)
  • Options
    F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    Keep up the good work Shaun...BTW the bike shots on your website are excellent thumb.gif
    Really enjoyed my little tour!
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

• Options
    edited October 5, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    Keep up the good work Shaun...BTW the bike shots on your website are excellent thumb.gif
    Really enjoyed my little tour!

Thanks, Chris. I took a peek at your moto gallery. Me likey. My favorite is the one of Hayden from behind (I tend to go for the quirky ones). Rear sprocket, left boot is prominent. Love the perspective and composition on that one. Many other very good ones! Laguna's a fun track. Thanks for the comments. :)
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2006
    Another...

• Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Saxon wrote:
    Another...

Very nice photo's. Nice use of color and clean backgrounds.

Where was the track? - I am in Tampa (new to the area) and would like to check it out.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2006
    Here's your answer in pictures. :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited October 8, 2006
    I totally dig #18. Very different angle. A bit of the grass adds some interest
    too.

ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2006
  • Options
    ed_hed_h Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    574_061001.jpg
    She probably wouldn't be my first choice to have working on a cornerrolleyes1.gif
    Great work, i really enjoy looking at good photography and motorcycles
    Ed
    A dog is for life, not just Christmas
    http://www.dogshome.org.au/
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2006
    ed_h wrote:
    She probably wouldn't be my first choice to have working on a cornerrolleyes1.gif
    Great work, i really enjoy looking at good photography and motorcycles
    Ed

She's a beautiful girl, that's for sure. A lot more women are getting into motorcycling these days.

Thanks for looking, Ed. :)
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2006
    :d