Options

help with bussiness card..

livefreenskilivefreenski Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited October 12, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
i having trouble selecting a photo for my card

i live in nh and go to school in nh... my goal in photography and my focus is on landscapes and natural images such as waterfalls

please look at my website and give my a few pointers and idea of photo selection thank you

-ty

Comments

• Options
    Brett MickelsonBrett Mickelson Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    I'd design a logo/identity for yourself before worrying about a photo.

By the way...that's Michelangelo's David, not "Adam."
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2006
    whoops haha late night slave at photoshop sorryy
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    i having trouble selecting a photo for my card

i live in nh and go to school in nh... my goal in photography and my focus is on landscapes and natural images such as waterfalls

please look at my website and give my a few pointers and idea of photo selection thank you

-ty

Please look at your website and come up with a few ideas for us to give you feedback on. Then post them here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2006
    ok thanks guys that'll be tonights goal after i finish up my paper on lovely photoelectric effect wohooo i love photograph its not even work at all :)

ty
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    I think the first picture in the popular photos on your site would work well as a background for a business card.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    I have played around with designing several different card options for myself, and for a couple of clients. The images I chose, depended a lot on the style/feeling I wanted to portray. I have found that the less "busy" a card is, the better it is. I have seen another photographer use a two sided card--front was all one image, and the back was his contact info. This was really effective--I kept his card, and use it as a bookmark. I may design one like this for myself in the future. That's my 2 cents worth rolleyes1.gif.

Here are some cards I've designed:

101784252-M.jpg

101784257-M.jpg

101784269-M.jpg

101784240-M.jpg

101784360-M.jpg

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 11, 2006
    I'd design a logo/identity for yourself before worrying about a photo.

By the way...that's Michelangelo's David, not "Adam."

those are also photos of Florence, not Rome. What gives?
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Why use just one photo?
    First of all, regarding "worry about the logo / text befor you worry about which photo"- I think this is sort of backwards. If you have a powerful photograph, you almost don't need text at all. People will hunt you down if your work is worthy.

Having said that, absolutely no text is pretty inconvenient of course. But my oringinal point was goign to be: Why settle for using just ONE photo and having 250 of the SAME EXACT card printed, when you can put your entire portfolio on your business cards?

I just posted mine in the "show your business card" topic, but here's a couple just so you can see what I mean:

102013358-L.jpg

102013300-L.jpg

102013219-L.jpg

I actually offer this as a service: I can create for you a .PSD file that has all the different text arrangements so you can customize your cards to the max...

Take care,
    -Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum