Options

Nikon D2h

DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
edited February 16, 2004 in Cameras
I know I am surrounded by Canonites, but with the investment in Nikon...Deaconwife thought a fitting birthday present is a new D2h. Just played around with it a bit today and this thing is amazing. 8 frames per second up to 40 in the memory buffer. Fast, accurate focusing and what appears to be a very intuitive camera.

Shot some at H-2 = 3200 iso, with noi visible noise, metering is very flexible and accurate as well. New lithium battery vs ni-cad will last 4-5 times as long.
Will post pics soon...

Deacon :clap

Tuscany2401220-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited February 15, 2004
    Deacon wrote:
    I know I am surrounded by Canonites, but with the investment in Nikon...Deaconwife thought a fitting birthday present is a new D2h. Just played around with it a bit today and this thing is amazing. 8 frames per second up to 40 in the memory buffer. Fast, accurate focusing and what appears to be a very intuitive camera.

Shot some at H-2 = 3200 iso, with noi visible noise, metering is very flexible and accurate as well. New lithium battery vs ni-cad will last 4-5 times as long.
    Will post pics soon...

Deacon clap.gif

Tuscany

I still own an FM3a and a 60mm Nikkor macro as well as assorted Tamron zooms and I have been very tempted to pickup a D100 to be able to use them - I just can't seem to make my self sell them hah!

The D2H sounds like a great camera - So don't feel out in left field - It is all about the image not the machine behind it - at least for me - I will be looking forward to your pictures - The work on your home is fascinating.

And I can't wait for the EOS 1DMark II to become available - as well as the R800 Epson printer.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2004
    Congrats, deacon! btw, as you know, it's the rider not the bike.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2004
    Wow, great gift. bowdown.gif Awesome camera. You shoot sports or moving machinery?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited February 15, 2004
    fish wrote:
    You mean it's not the arrow; it's the indian?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2004
    Deacon,

Are you going to bring it to the 2nd Annual Eastern WA ADVrider Fest?

Hutch
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2004
    Thanks for the encouragement. I have shot with the D1x for a couple of years and have enjoyed the camera, the new stuff on the D2 are marked enhancements. I passed on to Deaconwife about the rider/bike, arrow/indian and she assured me I know how to use my tools... rolleyes1.gif

One problem, this stuff is heavy! trying to figure out a way to pack it around and not end up with a hernia like Mr. Cow. Tried a Tenba, not sure if it is what I am looking for but that is half the fun, trying to figure all this stuff out.

I do enjoy shooting mc races, actually any races, sports etc and that's where the D2 will shine I feel.

Deacon684889-M-2.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2004
    Deacon wrote:
    I do enjoy shooting mc races, actually any races, sports etc and that's where the D2 will shine I feel.

nod.gif I lust after the new Canon equivalent, the 1D mkII... and I shoot wayward arrows and ride bikes badly. Doesn't affect my lust, though.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    sugarfootsugarfoot Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Fish,
    Not too sure about that, went from an 1989 Goldwing to a 1999 RT, then to a 2000 LT. Sure feels like the bike to me.
    Are you going to Spokane?>