At the Adriatic beach

annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
edited October 14, 2006 in Journeys
Hi all,

in late September I spent a long weekend at the beach on Island Krk in the Adriatic Sea. The place was almost deserted as the season had more or less ended, but it was still warm and there were still some windsurfers trying the catch the right wind.

S13-StBaska-089.jpg

S12-StBaska-052.jpg

One morning I kicked my butt out of bed before sunrise and took a few photos:

S01-StBaska-420.jpg

S04-StBaska-432.jpg

While driving around the island you can find many interesting places, like this bay:

S07-StBaska-445.jpg

The beach was almost deserted:

S08-StBaska-446.jpg

It would be a sin not to take pictures in the evening. I took my tripod to the beach and this is what I saw:

S27-StBaska-499.jpg

S25-StBaska-494.jpg

S30-StBaska-517.jpg

One night we walked to the nearby village of Stara Baška. There are only a few houses and a marina:

S33-StBaska-034.jpg

S34-StBaska-037.jpg

S35-StBaska-038.jpg

The Stara Baška area is truly lovely and I have been coming here for a few years now. Hopefully you enjoyed the photos. More can be seen at http://ana.paaro.com/albums/thumbnails.php?album=89.

Comments welcome!

Ana
Ana
SmugMug Support Hero Manager
My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com

Comments

• TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    annnna8888 wrote:
    S01-StBaska-420.jpg

S04-StBaska-432.jpg

S08-StBaska-446.jpg

S27-StBaska-499.jpg

Ana

Ana,

These are all beautiful--really nice pictures. The four I copied above are real standouts, I think. Don't know that I could pick a favorite, but if pressed, the last one of the rocks in the bay. Just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Wow, nice. I agree with Tom about the one of the rocks in the water in the evening. A also really like the shots where you can see the motion of the boats in the water while the land is still.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    I always enjoy your photos
    It's nice to see them again. I love that orange pail on the beach, so unexpected! And the night shots, very nice! And the boats, ha ha, I've done the same thing, but you got much better results. It's amazing how much motion there is...
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 13, 2006
    Tommyboy wrote:
    Ana,

These are all beautiful--really nice pictures. The four I copied above are real standouts, I think. Don't know that I could pick a favorite, but if pressed, the last one of the rocks in the bay. Just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you! I'm having difficulties picking favorites too, so your input is valuable. I am heading to the same place this weekend and I'll try to take some more, hopefully nice, photos.

Ana
    Ana
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 13, 2006
    ESiggins wrote:
    Wow, nice. I agree with Tom about the one of the rocks in the water in the evening. A also really like the shots where you can see the motion of the boats in the water while the land is still.

Thanks! I quite like the long exposure ones with boats too. The only problem was that the night fell too quickly and with 30-second exposures you can't take very many before the blue hour is gone!

Ana
    Ana
    edited October 13, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    It's nice to see them again. I love that orange pail on the beach, so unexpected! And the night shots, very nice! And the boats, ha ha, I've done the same thing, but you got much better results. It's amazing how much motion there is...
    Thank you, that is such a nice thing to say and I'm flattered. I'll try to take some nice photos this weekend when I'm at this beach again.

Ana
    Ana
  • HaystackHaystack Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    I am a fan of your photos and your web site also. It is very nice how you set it up. Not just a bunch of photos thrown up on the web - I like how you tell where they are and whats going on. :D

Mandy
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Gorgeous photos! I just love the serenity that is particularly visible in your evening shots. :)
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    annnna8888 wrote:
    One morning I kicked my butt out of bed before sunrise and took a few photos:

S01-StBaska-420.jpg

S04-StBaska-432.jpg

Ana
    Sometimes you see two (or more) pictures that just seem to go together well.. these two are a perfect example. I'd have to display these together in the same room... great work!

jamie
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Hi Ana, great photos, but I really like this one.

S07-StBaska-445.jpg

I love places like this, little paradises that no one knows about. iloveyou.gif Thanks for posting!
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    Just beautiful as always! Thanks for shareing your trip with us.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto