Trouble with Joker.com

nicegrizznicegrizz Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 14, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello,

I just signed up for a pro account and am trying to buy a domain name from joker.com. I'm having trouble....joker.com says my domain is "on hold," and I can't do anything with it. I've emailed support several times and no one has replied. I would like to get my new site off the ground soon here(michellemyersphotography.com, currently mmyers.smugmug.com).

Perhaps I could cancel with them and try another site? Would they give me my domain name back?

If I registered it as michellemyersphotography.com, and not www.michellemyersphotography.com, will that still work?

Does joker.com also offer an email address so I could by contacted through, for instance, michelle@michellemyersphotography.com?

One final question (for now), can I hire one of you pros to help me out? I would like my site to look really professional, and this stuff is way over my head. Even these message boards overwhelm me! I live in the San Diego area and would love to hire someone.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    nicegrizz wrote:
    Hello,

I just signed up for a pro account and am trying to buy a domain name from joker.com. I'm having trouble....joker.com says my domain is "on hold," and I can't do anything with it. I've emailed support several times and no one has replied. I would like to get my new site off the ground soon here(michellemyersphotography.com, currently mmyers.smugmug.com).

Perhaps I could cancel with them and try another site? Would they give me my domain name back?

If I registered it as michellemyersphotography.com, and not www.michellemyersphotography.com, will that still work?

Does joker.com also offer an email address so I could by contacted through, for instance, michelle@michellemyersphotography.com?

One final question (for now), can I hire one of you pros to help me out? I would like my site to look really professional, and this stuff is way over my head. Even these message boards overwhelm me! I live in the San Diego area and would love to hire someone.

there's no difference between mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com, joker can handle both.

Switching domain hosts probably won't help - why does joker have your name on hold? I don't really quite understand :D

Yes, Joker has email addresses - check their website @ www.joker.com

Talk to JerryR (here on Dgrin) about doing up your site :D

wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin!