Options

Debating....

savannahgasavannahga Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited October 15, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I thinking about placing a 120x90 banner link to my site on a Savannah website for $50 a month. (www.savannah-online.com)

The site get 50,000 visitors a day, the banner will be placed on the front
page. I hope this boosts my sales, as of right now I do no advertizing
& I get pretty good business. I gonna take a chance & hope for the best.

What do you guys think? Any advice?

Here's the banner button,

102473954-M.jpg

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    The first thing I would do is place a few friendly calls to the people already advertising on the site, I see there are a few on the page already.
    Ask them if they have had many people find them from the adverts.

Also your banner button doesnt say what you do really, I would lose the click here and use the space to be a bit more descriptive about what your offering.
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Visually, the button blends in with so many "click here" type graphics that my mind doesn't even see them anymore. I think your button should have more visual pop. Be more specific. Try to get the attention of the people you want to visit, even if that is just a subset of your demographic. Cycle through different versions over time and see which subset responds the best. You may be able to find a niche out there.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    You could do an animated gif for your button, thereby creating movement and attention. I think that would work well.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me