Options

Custom Pro Pricing taking forever to come up.

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited October 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Lately when I am wanting to check and make sure I have set the prices correctly in a gallery and I click on a photo, then it takes at least 30 seconds for the list to come up. It is to the point right now that it will go for over a minute and still nothing. I get frustrated and then try again. It has been getting slower and slower lately. The site and everything else are working at normal speeds when this happens so its not the connection, smugmug in general, etc.

Why is this so slow?
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 15, 2006
    Just found something in your biobox which could be causing problems, remove all code that is bolded in red.

Cheers,

David
    [B][COLOR=Red]<head>
    ****** http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <title>New Page 1</title>
    </head>[/COLOR][/B]

<p align="center">Snapster Foto Event Photography

</p>
    <p align="center"><font face="Impact" size="5">Taking Event Photography To The Next 
    Level</font></p>
    <p align="center">To contact us about your upcoming event, </p>
    <p align="center">call us at 205-807-5531 or
    <a href="mailto:snapsterfoto@hotmail.com">E-mail us

[B][COLOR=Red]<body>[/COLOR][/B]

</a></p>

[B][COLOR=Red]</body>[/COLOR][/B]

David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Got it. I copied that from somewhere and changed my text. That was very early on in my coding experience and I basically had no idea what I was doing. Well now that I think of it, not really sure that I have an idea now, but I tend to get things right with some luck.

Thanks for the help.

The change really hasn't speed up the time it takes the pricing to come up. I just did it and it took about 30 seconds.

I did another gallery and it took 20 seconds for anything to change and 25 seconds before the pricing page came up. Well that is an improvement over never coming up. But not sure the thing I changed did anything because that has been that way for like 7 or 8 months with no problems before.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me