Options

size request

gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
edited October 16, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
...is it possible for EZprints to print an 11x17 poster print?

this is what i need printed...

99588394-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    gpphotos wrote:
    ...is it possible for EZprints to print an 11x17 poster print?

this is what i need printed...

99588394-L.jpg

No dice, sorry. What about a 12x18 and use the no-crop option? That'll just add a bit more white border on two sides...
    At any rate, the closest you'll get through SM and EZP is the 12x18. ne_nau.gif

-Anne
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    No dice, sorry. What about a 12x18 and use the no-crop option? That'll just add a bit more white border on two sides...
    At any rate, the closest you'll get through SM and EZP is the 12x18. ne_nau.gif

-Anne
    Actually, it's better to take this image and resize to 12x18 in photoshop - then print it normally via SmugMug - if you have any questions or would like me to review it for you, just holler for me at help@smugmug.com with a link to the image thumb.gif
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Actually, it's better to take this image and resize to 12x18 in photoshop - then print it normally via SmugMug - if you have any questions or would like me to review it for you, just holler for me at help@smugmug.com with a link to the image thumb.gif

Good call Andy :D

-Anne
  • Options
    gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    thanks for responding...i'll go with the 12x18 then. i have an 11x17 print of this that was done by my school but there's streaks in the black parts of the poster. that, and the paper they use is no where near the fuji quality.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    gpphotos wrote:
    thanks for responding...i'll go with the 12x18 then. i have an 11x17 print of this that was done by my school but there's streaks in the black parts of the poster. that, and the paper they use is no where near the fuji quality.
    Don't forget to use Lustre:
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/lustre-prints.mg
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Another thing you can do is make a different colored border around it by 1" (or whatever size you want), print it at 12x18 and then crop off that extra inch. I had a customer who wanted a 10x20 print, but SM doesn't offer that. I just added red that said "cut off the red" and had the customer print it at 16x20. They were very understanding and quite happy doing it that way!