Options

California Sierra Nevada - Autumn 2006

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited October 17, 2006 in Landscapes
Here are some shots from last weekend in and around the Sierra Nevada Mountains in central California.

102344249-L-1.jpg

102877465-L.jpg

102303221-L-1.jpg

More are available in the gallery here.
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Nice job with the colors!

Great pics

You weren't by chance in the Quincy, CA area in the past few days where you? That's where I was and I saw someone wandering around with their SLR :)

Unfortunately I didn't get very many colors quite like you got... Will post my pics when I get the chance....

Anyhow, Great job!
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    I like...
    the second one with the yellow leaves...clap.gif
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Very cool little cabin. #2 is one of those simple shots I never think to take. Good stuff.
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Nice shots Bill. I enjoyed your gallery as well.

That was a good weekend to be up in the Sierra's. I went to Mineral King on the 6th and it was great.

Erich
  • Options
    docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Nice series of shots, Bill. I think I like the 2nd one the best. The cabin looks familiar -- I was in that area a couple of days after you, only we had several inches of snow on the ground.
    Kevin.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Bendr wrote:
    You weren't by chance in the Quincy, CA area in the past few days where you? That's where I was and I saw someone wandering around with their SLR :)

Thanks for the comments. The closest I was to Quincy was South Lake Tahoe. The pictures I took along highway 89 was the sretch between highway 50 and highway 88 (south of Tahoe).

There were about 30 people photographing that old cabin as well as two people painting and one television crew, all from the side of the road.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    the second one with the yellow leaves...clap.gif

Thanks. That was actually my most favorite of the set.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Phil U. wrote:
    Very cool little cabin. #2 is one of those simple shots I never think to take. Good stuff.
    erich6 wrote:
    Nice shots Bill. I enjoyed your gallery as well.
    That was a good weekend to be up in the Sierra's. I went to Mineral King on the 6th and it was great.

Thanks Phil and Erich!
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    docbell wrote:
    Nice series of shots, Bill. I think I like the 2nd one the best. The cabin looks familiar -- I was in that area a couple of days after you, only we had several inches of snow on the ground.
    Kevin.
    wave.gif It you got a picture in would be cool to see! [update: I see you posted your images here]

We were staying in a timeshare up at the Daggett Summit in Tahoe for the weekend and headed home on Monday afternoon (when I shot the cabin). My mom who was staying at the condo for another day called us on Tuesday morning and said they woke up to six inches of snow and it was still snowing. We lucked out with perfect weather the whole weekend...