Options

Backdrops

DigiEyEDigiEyE Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited October 17, 2006 in Technique
Hello Guys,

Im doing a product shoot on weds, I need a cheap white seamless backround thats about 60" wide and about 12' long. I was thinking about using a roll of paper but Im not sure if there are better/cheaper options.

Also If you guys know any good places in the NYC area to get something like this please clue me in!

Thanks guys,
Erik

Comments

• Options
    HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Honestly, a half-decent deal on a white seamless rollpaper background at a photography store IS your best bet.
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    HeldDown wrote:
    Honestly, a half-decent deal on a white seamless rollpaper background at a photography store IS your best bet.

Or a theatrical supply....I was able to get my Savage seamless for a few bucks less at the theatrical supply.....if you had a bit more time I would have suggested getting a 9-12' wide 20' long piece of muslin (Again threatrical supply house) and paint it white....should last almost a lifetime even with some severe abuse (heavy use) and if you get the light weight stuff you can shoot light thru it....

Good luck....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    I get my seamless from B&H in NYC
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=45607&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I have not seen it in 60" widths, but the one above is 53" which is close. The other option would be to use a wider roll, or cut a wider roll to size. I have done that before.

I have also used a roll of white vinyl which lasts longer than paper and does not scuff and wrinkle like paper either.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006

I have also used a roll of white vinyl which lasts longer than paper and does not scuff and wrinkle like paper either.

Well are you going to keep the info for yourself :D or share with the rest of us???rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Well are you going to keep the info for yourself :D or share with the rest of us???rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    No secret, it's just a roll of white vinyl mwink.gif I don't have a web link, but you can check a fabric store or online search for it.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    DigiEyEDigiEyE Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Thank you for the heads up guys!

I ended up going to B&H for the paper, i picked up 2 stands and a few A/C clamps for the set up, everything worked out nicely and cheaply! thumb.gif