Options

Shop Owner

Steven_EJSteven_EJ Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 17, 2006 in People
While taking some snapshots in an antique district of a nearby city, I saw this shop owner getting ready to close for the evening. I struck up a brief discussion with him and I saw that it was obvious that this man was very proud of his store. I loved the lighting, and saw the opportunity present itself... when I asked him if I could take a photo of him in his doorway he was more than willing, I think he was flattered. Here's the photo:

103078992-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Great shot. I love the light in the window.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    This is a great shot! It really gives you the feel of the place... Are you going to print and give it to him? I bet it would find a place of honor there!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Very nice shot, and the lighting is great! Is the street really called Garlic Lovers Avenue, or is that just a sign? :D
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited October 17, 2006
    It works for me.
    The warm lighting through the door at the left and the bizarre neon lighting on the right (which together would normally ruin the lighting balance and the picture), somehow work together and make the composition and scene wonderful.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Steven_EJSteven_EJ Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 17, 2006
    Thanks
    Thanks for the kind works!
    I did give him a copy of the photo... the business was not open yet so I put a 5X7 in his mailbox with my contact information in case he'd like to have more copies.
    The address is 203 River St, so the 203 Garlic Lovers Ave is just a sign that he likes I guess.

Steve